A personal request to anyone in the know.

IDLEchild

Is anyone here familiar with the U.S military and how they deal with getting in contact with soldiers?

I have a friend...this amazing girl I met in high school. I got to know her and in the time I did we became good friends and then she told me near the very end how she was going into the millitary. We wrote back and forth while she was training in bootcamp. She came back and before I could get further information on where she was going next my phone got disconnected and I never got to speak to her again...she left the very next day.

Its been 3 years since then and last I remember her telling me she was stationed in Germany, but that was 3 years ago...I have no clue where she is now.

So my question is...if I write a letter to her old training address is there a chance the military will forward her the mail to where she is now? I don't know if she maybe stationed in Iraq. Is it worth trying?

In the time I knew her I knew ONLY her. Not where she lived, her family....nothing. I only have that old address to go by. I tried to see if I could request her current address but apparently only family memebers can do that.

and...I really don't want to even see this...but

Is there a list online of the all soldiers that have passed away so far in Iraq? :(

Thanks.

IDLEchild said:
Is anyone here familiar with the U.S military and how they deal with getting in contact with soldiers?

Yes

IDLEchild said:
I have a friend...this amazing girl I met in high school. I got to know her and in the time I did we became good friends and then she told me near the very end how she was going into the millitary. We wrote back and forth while she was training in bootcamp. She came back and before I could get further information on where she was going next my phone got disconnected and I never got to speak to her again...she left the very next day.

Its been 3 years since then and last I remember her telling me she was stationed in Germany, but that was 3 years ago...I have no clue where she is now.

So my question is...if I write a letter to her old training address is there a chance the military will forward her the mail to where she is now? I don't know if she maybe stationed in Iraq. Is it worth trying?

Sorry...but that forwarding system only works for up to six months...

IDLEchild said:
In the time I knew her I knew ONLY her. Not where she lived, her family....nothing. I only have that old address to go by. I tried to see if I could request her current address but apparently only family memebers can do that.

and...I really don't want to even see this...but

Is there a list online of the all soldiers that have passed away so far in Iraq? :(

Thanks.

PM me her name, and I'll see what I can find. As for the lists of the dead, you're SOL. Even if I had that info, I couldn't give it to you.

Scratch that...

Due to heightened security requirements, the World Wide Web (Locator) is currently suspended until further notice. If you have an AKO account, you can access from your AKO homepage the white pages for location information. For further assistance, please contact Enlisted Records and Evaluation Center's (EREC) Customer Service Center at
1-866-771-6357.

what abou the red cross? they did alot of these kind of things when i was in. have you no idea where she is stationed? every "base" has a base locator that will tell you yea or nay about her presence there.

I thought that there was a list online. I used to check it every so often to make sure a good buddy of mine wasn't on there.

Back