A poll for those other people...

How exactly do they know that they are registered voters? Are they taking their word for it? Most local governments can't even ask you to prove citizenship let alone show proof of registration. Random cold call polls scare me.

How exactly do they know that they are registered voters? Are they taking their word for it? Most local governments can't even ask you to prove citizenship let alone show proof of registration. Random cold call polls scare me.

I strongly suspect that they are, in general, anything but random.

I wonder just how many people they really called to get the 900 who justified their conclusions.

you guys are reading it all wrong.

they want to US to lose because they are treasonous cut-and-run ultrawimps.

and it's fox news to the rescue to "prove" that those people exist, and are democrats.

very, very useful.

Although this was posted in Real World, I did not take this poll seriously. I'm surprised, however, at those who thought I did. I'm especially ashamed of you, chcr. You know how I feel about polls of any stripe. :p

Although this was posted in Real World, I did not take this poll seriously. I'm surprised, however, at those who thought I did. I'm especially ashamed of you, chcr. You know how I feel about polls of any stripe. :p

statistical research, survey, polls, et cetera can be very worthwhile if done right.

usually they aren't.

but i don't think you should dismiss all of 'em.

this'un was likely one of those "wait, um, what am i agreeing or disagreeing with... yeah fuck it i'll just say... five... or... one."

while rensis likert spins in his crypt.

statistical research, survey, polls, et cetera can be very worthwhile if done right.

usually they aren't.

Which is why I have an extremely cynical view of anything dealing with 'statistical research, surveys, polls, etc. No matter who does them, and why, there will always be some bias. Hence, none are truly valid except to the analyst, et al.

2minkey said:
but i don't think you should dismiss all of 'em.

See the above statement. Don't tell me the results. Give me the data, along with the method the data was otained. :shrug:

2minkey said:
this'un was likely one of those "wait, um, what am i agreeing or disagreeing with... yeah fuck it i'll just say... five... or... one."

:grinyes:

2minkey said:
while rensis likert spins in his crypt.

:rofl: He knew what was going to happen. He should've gone straight to business management, instead of writing about statistics...:D

Yeah WTF does "lose" mean?

It means this is a time for choosing. It means you'd rather live your life oppressed on your knees than die fighting on your feet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WpcMIZrCT8E

Those who would trade our freedom for the soup kitchen of the welfare state have told us that they have a utopian solution of peace without victory. They call their policy "accommodation." And they say if we only avoid any direct confrontation with the enemy, he will forget his evil ways and learn to love us. All who oppose them are indicted as warmongers. They say we offer simple answers to complex problems. Well, perhaps there is a simple answer--not an easy answer--but simple.

Back