A special present

Aunty Em

I made Katie a christmas tree... it's a lemon scented cypress... unfortunately the photo doesn't do it justice. the star is made from willow twigs with tiny red berries and leaves and gold thread twined through it. And it's difficult to see the silver tinsel threading in and out of the branches. Think I may go and get a couple more figures as well...

katiestree.jpg

Leslie said:
ever sweet! does it have scent enough to scent the room?
Yep, it's in my entrance hall atm and it smells of lemon... the warmer it gets the smellier it is.

:winkkiss: That is very nice!

Every year since 1992, I used to get a little tree and decorate it and put it next to my sister in law's Cindy's ashes. She passed away February 4th, 1991. The pass 3 years I havent been able too, but I still do the tree (with my oldest son) and we decorate it and put it somewhere in our place as a rememberance though. I miss her so much, it seems as if its not that long she hasn't been here with us, but she is here in our hearts forever.

Merry Christmas Cindy, God Bless, We Miss You, & Love You

Mare said:
:winkkiss: That is very nice!

Every year since 1992, I used to get a little tree and decorate it and put it next to my sister in law's Cindy's ashes. She passed away February 4th, 1991. The pass 3 years I havent been able too, but I still do the tree (with my oldest son) and we decorate it and put it somewhere in our place as a rememberance though. I miss her so much, it seems as if its not that long she hasn't been here with us, but she is here in our hearts forever.

Merry Christmas Cindy, God Bless, We Miss You, & Love You
It's nice to know other people do this as well. I went up to the cemetary this morning and there are many trees and gifts up there atm, but none like ours. Dave added Rudolph and we put some more little decorations on the tree and I took a another picture. That's a little christmas stocking broach lying under the tree that Katie loved and you can see the star better. We're all going to take it up to the cemetary on Friday. I'm keeping it by my frontdoor atm cos it's quite cool there. I will put a card on it as well from all of us.

katiestree2.jpg

Back