Actor/Director loyalty

greenfreak

Are you more apt to see a movie if one of your favorite actors or directors is in it, without knowing or liking the plot? If so, who is it?

I'm not big on directors per se, but I'll give anything that Tom Hanks makes a chance. Ditto for Kevin Spacey.

Rusty is a David Fincher fan (Se7en, The Game, Fight Club, Panic Room) and Tarantino.

If it is a movie by Quentin Tarantino and Uma Thurman is acting, I'm all for it :D

As for actors, Morgan Freeman, Sean Connery or Al Pacino.

Luis G said:
If it is a movie by Quentin Tarantino and Uma Thurman is acting, I'm all for it :D

As for actors, Morgan Freeman, Sean Connery or Al Pacino.

So I take it you like Kill Bill then? :D

I have learnt my lesson with actor / director loyalty. I used to pick up movies, just because it had my fave actor of the time in it - only to have to sit through an hour and a half of absolute torture.

Nowadays I rather go for the plot :shrug:

Used to be Tim Burton, but then that 'orrid Planet of the Apes re-make saw the light of day. Coen Brothers have yet to do wrong though.

I myself go for the plot. I'd rather sit through something that sounds good then pick up a movie just for the actor/director.

not with the actors or directors. however, i do tend to favor certain prduction companies

Lions Gate Films, Focus Features, and Sony Pictures Classics

I try to aviod 20th Century Fox and Disney whenever I can.

Back