Adam LaRoche

Inkara1

The only baseball on right now here is the Braves vs. Washington. I just saw Adam LaRoche take a grounder and mosey back to first... and the runner beat him there! Well, on the replay, it looked like he beat the runner by 1/32 of a step... but honestly, for getting so lazy like that, he deserved to have the runner called safe.

Best of all, that was with two outs... and now Washington has scored three runs after that.

The funny part was hearing the guy in the stands yelling, "THAT'S BULLSHIT, LAROCHE! BULLSHIT!" Think the FCC will fine TBS for that?

Ooh... four runs now with two outs, when there should have been no runs with three outs.

Now Bobby Cox got himself the 120th ejection of his career for bitching at the 1st base ump between innings, telling him he cost them four runs. 120 is the third-most in history. :D

I wager Earl Weaver is up there too.

I saw the play. Bench him. Too many players would kill for the chance he's wasting.

Yeah, LaRoche fucked it up BIG TIME! Makes me wonder how long Bobby will use a different player off the 1st baseman list.

Not making any excuses for him, but:

May 14 The Associated Press reports Atlanta Braves 1B Adam LaRoche, who suffers from attention deficit disorder, was criticized for slowly jogging to first base after running to grab a ground ball off the bat of Washington Nationals 1B Nick Johnson. LaRoche's slow effort resulted in Johnson reaching first safely, drawing the ire of manager Bobby Cox. "It's lack of focus and lack of hustle," a contrite LaRoche said. "That's all it is."

No shit it lacks focus Bobby. Maybe you guys should spring for some Ritalin for the kid...

He had been on meds. He went off 'em because he didn't like the way they made him feel. His choice.

Cox is benching him for tonight, and hasn't decided yet what else he might do.

Attention deficit my ass. It's called laziness.

No athlete, at any level, should be on the field/court/whatever if they aren't able to pay attention to what's happening. That's about the most lame ass bullshit excuse I ever heard from a professional athlete in the top league of his/her sport.

Such an uproar. It's a kiddie's game people. Pick up your reality check at the door on your way back into the real world.

I don't know about you, but I expect someone being paid millions of dollars to play a "kiddie's game" to give 100 percent at all times.

Inkara1 said:
I don't know about you, but I expect someone being paid millions of dollars to play a "kiddie's game" to give 100 percent at all times.

I don't even know where to begin pointing out all that's wrong with that particular statement.

Given my choice between doing what I do for the compensation I receive, and playing a kiddie game for millions, I think I could motivate myself to get to the damn bag in time.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Given my choice between doing what I do for the compensation I receive, and playing a kiddie game for millions, I think I could motivate myself to get to the damn bag in time.

I'm sorry to hear that. I thought you might be one of the few with enough pride to be embarrassed to sink to that level. Chalk it up, Bish. Yet one more time I was wrong.

It's called entertainment, prof. I'm willing to bet you get really into shit that many of us couldn't give a fuck about as well.

Don't care about baseball? Don't read the thread.

...but I wouldn't classify us as rabid, screaming and obsessive just because we think someone being paid millions of dollars to play the game should show superior effort to go along with the superior talent.

Inkara1 said:
...but I wouldn't classify us as rabid, screaming and obsessive just because we think someone being paid millions of dollars to play the game should show superior effort to go along with the superior talent.

Didn't even require superior effort. The guy had his thumb up his ass. If he doesn't appreciate the chance he's been handed to make millions playing a game instead of making twelve bucks an hour loading boxcars, then get out of the way and let someone else have the shot.

Back