Akinetopsia

HeXp£Øi±

This is a bizarre disorder...

Akinetopsia: a condition in which there is an inability or disability to see moving objects. This is associated with damage on both sides of the brain, just in front of the area responsible for vision. In this condition, people are able to see and analyse material which does not move, but when it does, it is less easily seen, until fast moving targets which are viewed are no longer seen at all.

To help describe it slightly better..
http://www.undergrad.ahs.uwaterloo.ca/~tbolton/Dorsal Disorders.htm

unclehobart

I've heard of that. It must be positively freaky to live with something like that.

My favorite was something that I saw on PBS where someone who had brain damage coming out of a wreck had a specific nerve channel that went from the visual recognition cortex through the emotion sector before it hit the memory reflex area. It healed up and bypassed the emotion sector altogether. After a few months he was beset with paranoia because he felt nothing for his friends and family when he saw them. He was convinced that they were clones or aliens.. or whatever. He became agitated at their presence and couldn't relate to them.

It was determined that his audio nerves still ran through the injured area... so he would go down to the street and call his parents once in a while to be able to reinforce the emotional attachments.

It was intriguing stuff.