al-Arabiya Snags First Interview with Obama

He's already spoken to the American people that elected him tons of times. I'm not sure how you missed it. Weird.

Just watched part of this interview on CNN. Well done. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, quit bitching about silly things.

He should be interviewed by who got him elected: the U.S. media. Instead, they were scooped by the Arab press.

That's gonna leave a mark!

Tomorrow damage control will be the order of the day.

Funny how Senator Government always found a way to distance himself from his Muslim connections, yet now the Messiah openly embraces them:

“I have Muslim members of my family. I have lived in Muslim countries,” Obama said, according to a White House transcript.

Q: Will the United States ever live with a nuclear Iran? And if not, how far are you going in the direction of preventing it?

THE PRESIDENT: You know, I said during the campaign that it is very important for us to make sure that we are using all the tools of U.S. power, including diplomacy, in our relationship with Iran.

But I do think that it is important for us to be willing to talk to Iran, to express very clearly where our differences are, but where there are potential avenues for progress. And we will over the next several months be laying out our general framework and approach.

Have you ever figured out why you felt he was qualified to run this country?

He should be interviewed by who got him elected: the U.S. media. Instead, they were scooped by the Arab press.

He's done many interviews with the American press.

That's gonna leave a mark!

Tomorrow damage control will be the order of the day.

No, not at all. There will be those like you who will whine and bitch about nothing I'm sure. Soon maybe you'll realize that you don't actually have anything of substance here to whine about.

Funny how Senator Government always found a way to distance himself from his Muslim connections, yet now the Messiah openly embraces them:

He's never denied either of those things. More silly bitching about nothing.

Have you ever figured out why you felt he was qualified to run this country?

Yes, he was way better than your guy. Most of the country agreed. Quit being a sore loser.

He's done many interviews with the American press.

Since he ascended? He is biting the hand that feeds him. He is saying "In yo face" to the people that didn't select him. He is saying BOHICA to the ones that did, tho you don't realize it yet.

No, not at all. There will be those like you who will whine and bitch about nothing I'm sure. Soon maybe you'll realize that you don't actually have anything of substance here to whine about.

Time will tell. :shrug:

He's never denied either of those things. More silly bitching about nothing.

Now, wasn't there a time in recent history when it was considered a slur to speak the name B. HUSSEIN O? That it implied he was a Muslim? Then it was suddenly O.K. He even used his Muslim middle name HUSSEIN when he was sworn in........presumably at the second one, as well. I understand he didn't use the Bible for the makeup, however.

Yes, he was way better than your guy. Most of the country agreed. Quit being a sore loser.

That's not stating why you thought he was qualified enough to receive your vote, now does it?

Since he ascended? He is biting the hand that feeds him. He is saying "In yo face" to the people that didn't select him. He is saying BOHICA to the ones that did, tho you don't realize it yet.

No, actually he is not. You are making up shit to bitch about.

Time will tell. :shrug:

There is nothing of substance here. But yes, time will tell if you figure that out.

Now, wasn't there a time in recent history when it was considered a slur to speak the name B. HUSSEIN O? That it implied he was a Muslim? Then it was suddenly O.K. He even used his Muslim middle name HUSSEIN when he was sworn in........presumably at the second one, as well. I understand he didn't use the Bible for the makeup, however.

It was considered idiocy to stress it as if it were somehow important. people have pointed this out to you numerous times here yet you still are confused somehow.

That's not stating why you thought he was qualified enough to receive your vote, now does it?

I discussed that many times before the election. Which you lost and now are not getting over it. Must be Obama Derangement Syndrome. ;)

It was considered idiocy to stress it as if it were somehow important. people have pointed this out to you numerous times here yet you still are confused somehow.

“I have Muslim members of my family. I have lived in Muslim countries,” Obama said, according to a White House transcript.

:shrug:

I discussed that many times before the election. Which you lost and now are not getting over it. Must be Obama Derangement Syndrome. ;)

I want to walk down memory lane. Link it up. Unless you are talking about his pie-in-the-sky policies instead of bona fide qualifications. Then you can spare me.

Were you trying to say something else or are you done now? You're just putting random stuff in quotes now.

I want to walk down memory lane. Link it up.

If you want to go back and read the threads than go ahead. I'm not sure why you think I should put a bunch of work into your little walk. Be prepared though, you said a whole lot of things that you were very confident about that turned out to be very wrong. Might be a little embarrassing.

Spin it as you will, he chose to give his first that's FIRST formal television interview as president to an Arabic television station.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090127/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_obama_mideast

Obama chooses Arab network for first TV interview

CAIRO, Egypt – President Barack Obama on Tuesday chose an Arabic satellite TV network for his first formal television interview as president, delivering a message to the Muslim world that "Americans are not your enemy."

The interview underscored Obama's commitment to repair relations with the Muslim world that have suffered under the previous administration.

The president expressed an intention to engage the Middle East immediately and his new envoy to the region, former Sen. George J. Mitchell, was expected to arrived in Egypt on Tuesday for a visit that will also take him to Israel, the West Bank, Jordan, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

"My job to the Muslim world is to communicate that the Americans are not your enemy," Obama told the Saudi-owned, Dubai-based Al-Arabiya news channel.

Obama said the U.S. had made mistakes in the past but "that the same respect and partnership that America had with the Muslim world as recently as 20 or 30 years ago, there's no reason why we can't restore that."

During his presidency, former President George W. Bush gave several interviews to Al-Arabiya but the wars he launched in Iraq and Afghanistan prompted a massive backlash against the U.S. in the Muslim world.

Al-Arabiya has scored interviews with top U.S. officials in the past, including Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

The Saudi-owned channel is seen by some in Washington as more balanced in its coverage than its Qatar-funded rival Al-Jazeera, which the previous White House administration complained had an anti-American bias.

Obama called for a new partnership with the Muslim world "based on mutual respect and mutual interest." He talked about growing up in Indonesia, the Muslim world's most populous nation, and noted that he has Muslim relatives.

The new president said he felt it was important to "get engaged right away" in the Middle East and had directed Mitchell to talk to "all the major parties involved." His administration would craft an approach after that, he said in the interview.

"What I told him is start by listening, because all too often the United States starts by dictating," Obama told the interviewer.

The president reiterated the U.S. commitment to Israel as an ally and to its right to defend itself. But he suggested that both Israel and the Palestinians have hard choices to make.

"I do believe that the moment is ripe for both sides to realize that the path that they are on is one that is not going to result in prosperity and security for their people," he said, calling for a Palestinian state that is contiguous with internal freedom of movement and can trade with neighboring countries.

Obama also said that recent statements and messages issued by the al-Qaida terror network suggest they do not know how to deal with his new approach.

"They seem nervous," he told the interviewer. "What that tells me is that their ideas are bankrupt."

In his latest message on Jan. 14, al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden said Obama had been left with a "heavy inheritance" of Bush's wars.

Shortly after the election, the network's number two, Ayman al-Zawahri used a demeaning racial term for a black American who does the bidding of whites to describe Obama.

The message suggested the terror network was worried Obama could undermine its rallying cry that the U.S. is an enemy oppressor.

Spin it as you will, he chose to give his first that's FIRST format television interview as president to an Arabic television station.

And?

No spin necessary for me. It was a good interview.

Cerise is trying to spin it.

Spin it as you will, he chose to give his first that's FIRST format television interview as president to an Arabic television station.

Øbama apologists don't care to realize that Zero granting his first television interview upon election to a Middle Eastern media outlet is "wrong."

He says:
"Americans are not your enemy"
like he's admitting he's not actually one of us. Oh wait....

Again he criticizes:
"....all too often the United States starts by dictating"

If you want to go back and read the threads than go ahead.

No, I'd prefer it if you could simply state why you feel he is qualified, not what policies he has suggested that make you think so, but why he is qualified, those credentials, skills and knowledge that he has that makes him qualified to run this country. :shrug:

Øbama apologists don't care to realize that Zero granting his first television interview upon election to a Middle Eastern media outlet is "wrong."

Ummmnn, no it's not. What would be wrong about it?

He says:
"Americans are not your enemy"
like he's admitting he's not actually one of us. Oh wait....

There's nothing in that sentence that logically excludes him from being an American.

You must have been mortified when Bush said "Americans are rising to the tasks of history, and they expect the same of us." because that sentence actually does indicate that Bush is not American. Ouch, how'd that feel?

Again he criticizes:
"....all too often the United States starts by dictating"

Probably true, his new plan sounds much better.

No, I'd prefer it if you could simply state why you feel he is qualified, not what policies he has suggested that make you think so, but why he is qualified, those credentials, skills and knowledge that he has that makes him qualified to run this country. :shrug:

His qualifications, skills, and knowledge are public record. I think you just want to change the subject because your thread is just looking like a bunch of empty butt hurt whining.

internet5.jpg

i need some help here. i'm trying to remember the last american president to grant an interview with arabic television. anyone?

I predict you'll be as wrong as you always are. Maybe a bit more bitter and embarrassed.

You really haven't presented anything to be apologizing for or defending. Are you still working on it or something?

Also, where you mortified when Bush admitted he wasn't really one of us?

Back