Al Gore admits having financial stake in global warming ventures

jimpeel

Well ... DUH!

Ya think we'll be hearing this in the American media anytime soon .. anytime ... ever?

Gore Admits Financial 'Stake' In Advancing Global Warming Hysteria
By Noel Sheppard | April 11, 2008 - 09:38 ET

For years, NewsBusters has reported on Al Gore's financial interests in advancing global warming hysteria around the world.

On March 1, while speaking at the TED Conference in Monterey, California, the Nobel Laureate admitted to having "a stake" in a number of green "investments" that he recommended attendees put money in rather than "sub-prime carbon assets" like "tar sands" and "shale oil."

This occurred as pictures of such products appeared on the screen with names of the companies involved (video available here, relevant section begins at minute 15:00, h/t NBer Sick-and-Tired):

There are a lot of great investments you can make. If you are investing in tar sands, or shale oil, then you have a portfolio that is crammed with sub-prime carbon assets. And it is based on an old model. Junkies find veins in their toes when the ones in their arms and their legs collapse. Developing tar sands and coal shale is the equivalent. Here are just a few of the investments I personally think make sense. I have a stake in these so I’ll have a disclaimer there. But geo-thermal concentrating solar, advanced photovoltaics, efficiency, and conservation.​

As Gore spoke these words, pictures of electric cars, windmills and solar panels appeared in multiple slides on the screen with company names at the bottom such as Amyris (biofuels), Altra (biofuels), Bloom Energy (solid oxide fuel cells), Mascoma (cellulosic biofuels), GreatPoint Energy (catalytic gasification), Miasole (solar cells), Ausra (utility scale solar panels), GEM (battery operated cars), Smart (electric cars), and AltaRock Energy (geothermal power).

As such, like an investment advisor or stock broker giving a seminar to prospects and clients, Al Gore was actively recommending people put money in companies he already has a financial stake in.

And, as he tours the world demanding nations stop burning fossil fuels, he will financially benefit if they follow his advice and move to technologies that he has already invested in.

[more]

...and in other news, the sky is blue, water is wet and Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Investing in Green companies makes good sense. Helping the world and helping yourself at the same time. A fine example of when Capitalism does work.

On the dark side you still have the Bush/Cheney oil company/Halliburton example though.

I might have to buy some stocks soon.

Green companies. :rofl3:

despite the hilarity here, it's shaping up to be a good investment. the dot-com thing was largely imaginary too but some folks made a shitload of money on that bubble. lots of folks that got out in time made a shitload on the housing bubble. care to venture (no pun intended) a guess on what'll be the next bubble?

i can't stand treehuggers. but i'll be happy to make some moo-lah off their spew.

They have entire mutual funds set up on "green" companies and technologies.

If you beleive in global warming you would be investing in it, it makes sense, If I beleived that there is a food shortage coming, I would invest in farming, and make a bundle when the price of food goes up.

It's just economics, not conspiracy.

Back