Alex

SexyBoo

I had to have my corgi put to sleep today. His body finally started giving in to the diabetes. He's the first pet that has really been mine that I've ever had to make such a painful decision for. He was my joy and my life - my own little wiggly friend who I could count on for a smile in the mornings and a ton of wiggles when I got home in the afternoon. I miss him so much already and this house feels completely empty without him...

Sorry, but I had to share this somewhere with people who might care. :crying4:

Alex 6/4/1994 - 9/11/2004

Rainbow Bridge - Author unknown

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Nothing will cheer you up right now like you need to be so....

[digital hug]hope this helps[/digital hug]

Thanks for the hugs guys - I need as many as I can get. This morning was tough - waking up without that cute face peeking up at me, just waiting anxiously for me to get out of bed. I know it will get easier with time. For now I'm just trying to focus on other things and not think too much about it.
I'm really glad to have OTC so that I can express my sadness and not feel totally ridiculed - or worse - start someone crying, which in turn sets me off all over again.
:sadhug:

'boo? I know it hurts like buggery at the mo'......but don't give up on gettin' another dog......there are millions out there waitin' for someone like you to love 'em :) (and, it'll be good for you as well :kiss: )

:( I know exactly how you feel boo, I lost my cat to diabetes earlier this year, I'm so sorry. :sadhug: It's so hard when you know it's something that can't be overcome and have to deal with on a daily basis. Also, advice from many of my friends after I lost my cat was the best way to honor her was to get another cat, and I did, and I'd suggest the same advice to you. Get a new dog to honor Alex, he wouldn't want you to be alone, I'm sure.

Boo... my thoughts and prayers are with you... loss whether of the human, feline or canine is hard... but like Oz says... I would consider getting another dog... if only to give another dog or pup a chance to experience the love and affection Alex had throughout his life!

Sorry for your loss. I agree with the others here - honor his memory by adopting another dog from the pound. Save a life.

I think with time I'll be ready for another puppy dog. Just for now I need some time. Thank you again for the thoughts and hugs. I'll be okay, it just takes getting used to. :)

Back