All these damn winter storm warnings...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
they're just a scam by the grocery companies to sell more groceries. :retard:

Oh hey, let's pay the NWS to put up a few winter storm warnings, that should scare people into buying a few hundred dollars worth of groceries and causing major traffic jams on every major road within a few hours. Yay!

Winter Weather Statement
{line}
Issued by the National Weather Service at 3:23 PM EST on February 13, 2003

...Winter Storm Warning For Friday Morning Through Early Friday Afternoon...

Freezing rain will cause ice accumulations of up to one quarter of an inch. Travel will become quite difficult.
http://weather.fox59.com/US/IN/Indianapolis.html?main=1

I swear it's been the same damn storm that was supposed to have happened for the last week and it hasn't happened yet, or if it has, then it's one damn wimpy storm. I can still drive, that tells you something right there. They're considering light snows and half a millimeter of ice to be winter storms these days. :rolleyes:

100 miles north
...Winter Storm Watch For Friday Afternoon Through Saturday Morning Remains In Effect...

Snow is expected to develop during Friday afternoon and become heavy at times. The snow may be mixed with sleet at times until Friday evening. Total accumulations of 4 to 7 inches of snow will be possible by Saturday morning. Winds will increase to 15 to 25 mph on Saturday... creating blowing and drifting of the new snow.

Professur said:
Would you rather have false warnings, or no warnings and 6 feet of snow?

As a former resident of an quake zone, I think it may be better to not have them. We went about our lives & once in a while the earth hiccupped. Everybody freaked out. Everybody banded together. Everybody slowly went back to their lives. With warnings everybody freaks out & (typically) nothing of importance happens. It happens over & over & over again.

Professur said:
Would you rather have false warnings, or no warnings and 6 feet of snow?
I'll take the 6 feet of snow, thanks. Oh, and be sure that comes in the wet form, it'll make travelling on the road a lot easier for me since all the stupid drivers would've slid and crashed violently and all the scared ones would've opted to stay home. :beerbang:

Back