Almost famous

HeXp£Øi±

Just finished watching this film. I thought it was a good story. Anyone else like this one?
Lots of likeable characters and some really funny moments.

Loved it, I've seen it a few times since I saw it in the theatre. I'm probably going to wind up buying it on DVD one day...

Did you know that it's based on Cameron Crowe's life? From imdb.com:

The film is director Cameron Crowe's semi-autobiographical account of life as a young Rolling Stone reporter. The actual group that Crowe first toured with was The Allman Brothers. (Gregg Allman was the one who distrusted him and kept asking if he was a narc.) Crowe's real-life near-fatal plane crash happened while traveling with The Who. The character of Russell Hammond character is based on Glenn Frey of The Eagles.

I didn't know that. But i suspected something was behind the story because whoever made the movie put so much care into it.

Yup. And some googlin' shows that the actual band was the Allman Brothers, with a lot of Led Zeppelin thrown in.

Warning, sexual content:

groupiecentral.com says that it's true that Bebe Buell (a groupie) is Liv Tyler's mother and Cameron Crowe said he based the character of Penny Lane on two groupies; Bebe Buell and Pennie Lane.

Back