American Chickens

[b]

This is part of another thread I thought would be best done as a new thread. For those of you not familar with the start, Luis and I are talking about the language barrier between animals in other countries.

Luis,

The skit had to do with animals so she not actually talking about a coward but the barn yard fowl instead.

"Cluck" (hens) "Cheep" (chicks) and "Cock-a-doodle-doo" (roosters) are how I usually see "American" chickens talk.

I'd have to grab my old yearbook to tell you what she said "German" chickens said, but it's packed away in prep for moving at the end of this month.

It was something like "kik-er-re-ke" but I don't think I have the spelling correct.

From what little I remember from my Spanish classes isn't there a different way for you to write out the sound a chicken makes?

I meant the name of the sound they make, you know we speak, dogs bark, chickens ???

BTW, chickens "cacaraquean" in Spanish ;)

K, i just took a look at my spanish-english dictionary and the word is cackle

I understood.

All those words, "Cluck", "Cheep" or and "Cock-a-doodle-do" are all words we use to describe the sound a chicken makes.

Like "Moo" for cows or "Bark" for dogs and "meow" for cats.

Cuban pigs

Originally posted by
Like "Moo" for cows or "Bark" for dogs and "meow" for cats.

Pigs go "roo" in Cuba, instead of "oink". I recall this from a conversation with my high school math teacher, Mr. Ortega. He told me some of the other sounds that Cuban animals make, but I don't remember them now. I'm not sure they would be the same for all Spanish speakers or if they're country specific.

BTW, Ardsgaine, welcome to OTC. (check the perpetual welcome thread ;) )

In french.... the chicken does "cot cot codeec"
the rooster does "cororicooo", but the way we pronounce the letters is different too :D

Back