Americans: 4th of July plans?

greenfreak

So who has what days off for 4th of July? I have Thursday and Friday off, Rusty has just Friday.

We're going to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens (www.bbg.org) on Friday afternoon, then we're going to Brooklyn Heights to have dinner and go to the Promenade which overlooks downtown Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge to watch the fireworks. Here's a decent pic of the view from the Promenade:

http://www.worldfromtheweb.com/Parks/BrookProm/Merge2220173-8.jpg

Then, on Saturday, we're going to see the Cirque Du Soleil "Varekai" show as my early birthday present.

This weekend is going to be fuckin awesome. :headbng2: :headbng2: :headbng2:

WOW! That is a beautiful picture gf, I hope you have a great time (which I'm sure you will).

I unfortunately don't get a long weekend but I do get tomorrow off for Canada Day. I am going to a BBQ tonight at my best friend's house. It should be a great time, I'm planning to stay over just incase I can't make it home...:)

Just Friday off here. Going to watch fireworks in Owensville Thursday night, then up in Jeff City on the 4th. That's about it for my big plans.

Just Friday here too. We have the granddaughter for the weekend, and she probably won't get too far from the poll until she looks like a shivering prune. Thaought we'd bathe the dogs Saturday. Set off our own fireworks Friday night.

Apparently I've been volunteered to help JohnB shoot the fireworks show in Milford on the 4th...Its an hour and a half from here. Must be close to you, gf. (hint, hint) :winkkiss:

Be careful with those fireworks! Actually Milford is North of you but it's West also. So it's not all that much closer. Besides, you know where I'll be on the Fourth. Wanna meet us at the Promenade? :D

I've helped him before. As long as you use common sense they're pretty safe. Keeping him from smoking in the truck on the way up is the dangerous part.... :army:

taking the boys to the fireworks here tomorrow :dance:

they always put on a good show here, from a barge, we sit on the grass by the lake, it's lovely :)

PuterTutor said:
But, but, It's an American thing, isn't it? :confused:
*thought it would be ok for the Canadians to horn in on your parade* :p

I started a Canada Day thread in RW anyway...I'll just stay there with the peons... :mope:

Well, just returned home from the BBQ. Was a BLAST, best part was when me and my friend sat together after everyone left on the bench swing thing and talked for hours.

He might be coming over here to watch fireworks tonight. YAY

I have off all summer hehe, and I am going to dc to watch fireworx wit some friends :aheadbng: then goin to this festival in frederick city gonna b "awesome"

Nihilistic said:
i have to envite people over for a bbq now

i hate people, to hell with them all!

Have you read a lot of work of Nietzche? His gloomy outlook on life interests me.

I will be watching the Macy's Fireworks display for the humble celebration of USA's independence.

Back