An Audio Crisis ...

nalani

Ok y'all .. I'm gonna be serious for a second .. yeah, I know what you are all thinking "na's gonna be serious? yep *nod* ... I have a dilemma

Me and my friend/co-worker Kihei are looking for software/hardware to do some audio recording of our students ... now, here's the thing ... it's gotta be a Mac *ducks* ... don't give me shit on this you guys :p ... I can just hear the jokes now ... but I'll go to ToolBox for protection :D

I need help .. what G4 to order ... serious ... thanks :)

i'll ask my mac-friends for you na, hopefully they will be able to help :)

any idea of budget limit? is it a new mac you're looking to buy?

all i got from the mac-phile was 'the best you can afford' by email

when i see him later this week i'll try to remember to ask him directly :)

Pro Tools, without a doubt. :headbang:

hdintrobig.jpg

Been the best for years... might be slightly overkill for you though, nalani. :D

ris - I don't want to drop more than 2 grand on the actual tower .. I have another 2 grand aside for the basic mixers, mics, etc ... I know which G4 I want, but it's going to cost me over 3 grand :eek:

IPH - that is sweet .. my dream setup ... *drooling*

*bitchslaps alex for being a smartass* :D

pointelss mod test edit, sorry na :oops:

from the sounds of the mac-boy, get teh best rig you can for 2k and then the money for the mixers etc will make the system waht it needs. as for software, i have no idea i'm afraid.

i do know a musicain who usues macs, if i can get hold of him then i will ask him, but i can't guarantee when i'll see him next

Back