And it gets worse!....

Aunty Em

Yes... you can almost not see the back of my computers under the mass of cables... I got my KVM this morning... and this before I even splice the sound cables and sort out the scanner and printer! Good job I don't have to look at it!

Oh, and it works great but I can only use the computers one at a time 'cos I still need to get an 8 gang surge protector... I'm one socket short.

It's quite funny actually, my friends are starting to call me Cely Two Towers, as one is black and one white. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's getting there. :D

I know the feeling. There are so many wires between the three I have on one table that I had to set another table on its side to block the back area from my son.

I've still got a router and network cards to add as well at some point soon. I just wish I could get 1 metre cables, the ones I have which came with the switch are 2 metres. I think I'll check out the computer shop on monday... they're shut at weekends. :rolleyes:

I actually have 4 working computers in the house now:

My XP2200+ and TBird 1GHz - these are the 2 on the KVM.
Katie's Celeron 500 and my old computer the Cyrix 300 MMX I did up for my niece to use for her college work. Mainly just wordprocessing and graphics - she's not really into computers.

Feels good, doesn't it? I've always enjoyed owning 4 machines with only 2 adults in the house. :D

People keep asking me why I need so many... because I want to do terrible things to the TBird that I wouldn't dare if it was my only puter... like over-clocking ..... :D

Now it's not so crucial if I blow it up! ;)

Back