And on a related note.

I've seen the promos, anxious to see the show itself. I'm wondering how watered down it'll be to appeal to the mass market.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'm wondering how watered down it'll be to appeal to the mass market.
the fact that its on NBC should tell you right there. now if it was on HBO, it might be half way decent.

Anybody else tune in to this little nugget of sensationalism?

I found the first installment (I hesitate to refer to it as Revelations Chapter 1...) formulaic enough. Mainly an intro to the primary characters. Some of the "plot twists" I expected are indeed present, some are a little surprising that a network would go there. Stereotypes aplenty. Better than Survivor, but that ain't difficult to achieve either.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Anybody else tune in to this little nugget of sensationalism?

I found the first installment (I hesitate to refer to it as Revelations Chapter 1...) formulaic enough. Mainly an intro to the primary characters. Some of the "plot twists" I expected are indeed present, some are a little surprising that a network would go there. Stereotypes aplenty. Better than Survivor, but that ain't difficult to achieve either.

I only managed to get through about 40 minutes of it. Formulaic and stilted, IMO. Not that I have anything against interpretations or dramatizations of biblical stories, I usually enjoy them. The stereotypes in this one (from either side) were completely pathetic though. :shrug: Maybe it gets better as it goes along, but it's going to do it without me. :D

I don't have tv, so I won't be watching, but something about this does disturb me ever so slightly.....Maybe as it goes on I'll read the past episodes and see if it's as bad as it could possibly be

Why does the trailer make me think its a late night version of "the Father Dowling mysteries"

Back