Another nice find(computer junk)

HeXp£Øi±

Looking for cardboard boxes at the dump this morning i found some more goodies. Saw a lone Dell OptiPlex GX1 case which is a nice case by the way and inside was some unknown motherboard with five pci and four isa slots, a PII 450 w/nice heat sink and fan a 128mb pc1100 ram chip and a working 250/300watt psu. The mb has 4mb sgram ati graphics built in with sound & ethernet also built in. As far as i can tell everything works fine. Not bad at all.

I have that exact pc on my bench. It's a sought after machine in this company, we're still giving people P133 HP Vectras with 2gb HD's & 32megs of ram. :D

I've never done dumpster diving but the people on my gardening message board do it all the time. They find a lot of plants and pots that they rescue. Sometimes the people at Lowe's or HD or places like that will even tell them when new shipments/garbage day is. :laugh:

We've got a company here in town that makes formica cabinets, I go there alot, found alot of nice formica'd boards that may have a hole or two drilled in them, but otherwise good. Made a few bookshelves out of them.

* Wishes we had a computer store dumpster to go diving in.

Back