Another reason I love Google

greenfreak

The "TGIF" thread got me thinking... I should do something fun tonight. So I thought about renting a movie but we're kind of all rented out. So I thought I'd check movie showtimes.

Usually I go to Yahoo to check showtimes. But I thought I'd give Google a try. I just put "movies" in the search box and in my results was a google search feature for city and state. I put in the city & state and viola! Up came a list of movies with the theatres they were playing at, a link to a really great reviews section, maps, a link to it's IMDB page... Then I thought, but I only want to see the movies at one theatre. On the top right of the page was a sort by theatre link.

Damn, they really do think of everything. The other day, I typed in "how many feet are in a mile?" and instead of giving me search results, it just gave me the answer. Too freakin cool.

greenfreak said:
Damn, they really do think of everything. The other day, I typed in "how many feet are in a mile?" and instead of giving me search results, it just gave me the answer. Too freakin cool.

I use it for conversion too. So far I think the easy way is to write

1 mile to feet
35 C to F
miles to km
km to miles
liter to gallon

etc. :D

Luis G said:
I use it for conversion too. So far I think the easy way is to write

1 mile to feet
35 C to F
miles to km
km to miles
liter to gallon

etc. :D
works with most abbreviations too ;)

ex: 3km to mi

Google also does tracking numbers....UPS and maybe FedEx too....can't remember...

greenfreak said:
Usually I go to Yahoo to check showtimes. But I thought I'd give Google a try. I just put "movies" in the search box and in my results was a google search feature for city and state. I put in the city & state and viola! Up came a list of movies with the theatres they were playing at, a link to a really great reviews section, maps, a link to it's IMDB page... Then I thought, but I only want to see the movies at one theatre. On the top right of the page was a sort by theatre link.
It seems they don't have that in Canadian. :(

Back