Another TV Question™

Toolbox™

I have to get another TV for my room. The one I have now has a red line right smack in the middle of it and watching on it is already impossible.

I went to Sony today to choose from a number of TV's and I am really torn between two different kinds. So, I'm here to get opinions from you guys. Here are my choices:

Sony KV-36FS13 WEGA 36" Picture Tube TV

or

Sony 43" Hi-Scan 1080i™ Big Screen Read Projection TV

The TV's differ about US$500.00 in cost with the projection TV being the more expensive one.

Of course, I would love to have the bigger screen but I have never owned a TV with a picture tube and its really much clearer. Also, does anyone know what lasts longer? My Sony 43" that I have in my room right now is only about 10 years old and its time to replace it! Will the ones with picture tubes last longer?

If there are any TV pros out there, please answer my queries because I'm a TV idiot!

Thanks so much! :)

:)

I would but Plasma Technology gets darker after time. I never switch my TV off! It's on in the first 30 seconds that I'm awake and I go to sleep with it on as well... good thing TV's have SLEEP. I'm also not ready to spend US$11,000 for a TV! I'd rather get a CBR954RR! :)

Back