Another victim of fashion

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The downside of following stupid trends.

CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - A teenager who decided to get her breasts pierced for her 18th birthday faces reconstructive surgery after a flesh-destroying infection forced doctors to remove her left breast.

Doctors diagnosed Edington, who had the piercings on Aug. 29, with necrotizing fasciitis, or gas gangrene - a rare condition that results from rapid bacteria growth and leads to tissue destruction. It is only the third documented case in the world of gas gangrene in the breast area, Goulet told The Paper of Montgomery County.

This is the extreme possibility of a whole plethora of potential problems.

Source

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
How sad. I don't find nipple piercings sexy. Other than the fact that they are on a woman's boob - do any of you guys think nipple piercings are particularly sexy?
Poor little girl.

Uki Chick

My ex had it done after we split up. Didn't find it to be very attractive really. But, that's just my opinion. I know someone who got the tip of his penis pierced too.

Inkara1

I've never understood the appeal of a Prince Albert, unless people like to have the pee come out of two obstructed holes instead of one clear one. Plus, it seems like every time you cum, you'd have to drink a lot to pee so that you don't have dried-up jizz on the ring... and it also seems like it would tear up condoms like there's no tomorrow.

Uki Chick

According to some, the sensation. I don't understand it myself. None of it! Honestly, it sort of grosses me out all together!

tonksy

The thought of a nipple piercing makes me nauseous but I can understand the draw to piercings...as far as the infection ges it's probably her fault due to her lack of hygiene or she picked a disreputable place to do it.

A.B.Normal

The thought of a nipple piercing makes me nauseous but I can understand the draw to piercings...as far as the infection ges it's probably her fault due to her lack of hygiene or she picked a disreputable place to do it.

The reports I saw said she didn't get the infection from the piercing ,but it allowed the infection an entry point,she could have just as easily been infected through any break in the skin.

spike

It's weird that people find things like nose piecings so odd but ear piercings sompletely fine.

I think the belly button piercing on a girl is pretty cute.

chcr

Too cute for words
How sad. I don't find nipple piercings sexy. Other than the fact that they are on a woman's boob - do any of you guys think nipple piercings are particularly sexy?
Poor little girl.

Umm... Yes. I'd rather not discuss why, thank you.

i have zero piercings or tattoos, i don't understand the whole body-art thing period.

Nor do I. :shrug:

"Here baby, I'll show you something I think is artistic."
"Just a sec, let me move the beer gut outta the way."

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I've never understood the appeal of a Prince Albert, unless people like to have the pee come out of two obstructed holes instead of one clear one. Plus, it seems like every time you cum, you'd have to drink a lot to pee so that you don't have dried-up jizz on the ring... and it also seems like it would tear up condoms like there's no tomorrow.

Or they could just wash thoroughly after they cum?? I think Prince Albert's are repulsive...but it seems that the method to prevent dried cum stuck on it would be obvious as cleaning with soap and water rather than peeing alot...

tonksy

Your pee is actually sterile to your body so urinating does clean a genital piercing. In fact, when I had mine done I asked how to clean it and the piercists shrugged his shoulders and said "go pee".

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's weird that people find things like nose piecings so odd but ear piercings sompletely fine.

Long standing tradition has its merits. Although, piercing a small childs ears is equally disturbing.

Sharky

My general opinion is, hey - it's your body, do whatever you want to it.

However, I do think that there should be a minimum age, such as 21, for tats or piercings. Teenagers can't see far enough down the road to realize the gravity and permanence of what they are doing. But then, I'm a grumpy old stick-in-the-mud. *handonhip

Does body jewelry set off airport metal detectors? If so, do you have to show them to the TSA people? Even the, um, intimate ones? :erm:

spike

Long standing tradition has its merits. Although, piercing a small childs ears is equally disturbing.

I believe ear piercings can get infected as easily as some other types. There's really no difference between following a trend or a tradition.