Any Good™

Toolbox™

I found this thing secon-hand at a local classified ad... what do you guys think?

ad468.jpg

He's asking for about US$8,000.00 and it's a 1999 Model!

How much are 1999 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade's in the US? I'm just curious but I know they are definitely more expensive here.

I still haven't heard of any modifications made to it. Still waiting for a reply.

Cheers and thanks.

Toolbox™

Thanks for the link... I've been a member there for almost a year now but don't like posting because I don't have a bike. Once I get this new RR, I'm sure I'm going to start overclocking my bike to the max!

Cheers :)

Certainly looks the business. :cool:

How far away is this guy? Best thing you can do is go and have a ride. That actually looks slightly more expensive than it would be over here. Probably about £4,500-5,000 for an un-modded '99 equivalent in the UK.

Sports bikes are pretty expensive to maintain (especially tyres!) and can be pretty harsh to ride for long periods of time due to their driving position. The 900RR has more than enough power but lacks slightly in the torque department. Not much of a tourer. Corners like it's on rails though so be prepared from some scary angles. :)

MuFu.

P.S. I don't know anyting about bikes. I have my CBR600-owning/national trials riding mate sitting behind me dictating. :D

I think you have a good deal, don't know much about price lowering-rate trought years, but judging mainly on the cm3 power, i'd say that is a nice deal, even for a 99 model.

I'm glad you all agree that my choice of bike was the correct one. It's only got 111 horses but will handle and feel better than my older CBR600.

Thanks... I'll take pictures of it once I get it. That's about 30 days from now when I have the money.

Ciao!

What do I think?! I think you're a damn bastard, that's what I think!!! Anak puta ka (or however that's said).

ah... I'm just jealous ;)

Found this ad for a tweaked out 1999 CBR 900RR in the states:
1999 CBR 900RR, Yosh Full Exhaust , Ram Air Kit Installed , Jetted and Dyno tuned to 130bhp+ , ProTech Rear Sets , Rear Targa Solo Seat Cowl , Tinted Wind Screen , Frame Savers , Ignition Advancer , New Chain , Renthal Sprockets. OEM seat , passenger pegs and rear seat come with. Garage kept , 17,000 miles oil changed every 3,000 , e-mail for pics. $6,800 OBO

My dad built and re-built motorcycles ... anything that he didn't build or isn't a Silver Wing just doesn't look right to me :D

I don't ride though .. I need to be surrounded by steel *nod*

Back