anyone know anything about ames, iowa?

ris

if anyone has been there [or even lives there!] and could answer a few questions for me then i'd be really grateful. either reply to this or email me on [email protected]

thanks )

I was born and raised about 30 miles north of there, what do you need to know?

wow, fantastic!

whats the general topography of the area and the town? i've got some photos and it looks pretty flat, with the power station at ames fairly prominent.

is it a pretty big feature of that landscape?

*they want to make it a major feature under a 'landmark challenge' competition, i want to understand how the building and town fit into their landscape better*

thanks putertutor, i may have some more shortly! :)

Ok, first of all, All of Iowa, except for the northeast corner of the state is flat. I cannot say that I remember a power station at all, from what I remember, the one building that I remember standing out was the University Hospital, and it was at most a 6 storie building. I don't remember any other really tall or unique buildings in the landscape either. Iowa is also very tornado prone, I think that may have something to do with not very tall buildings.

Here's a couple links that may have some more info for you.
Iowa State University

Ames, Iowa

I drive thru the area quite a bit. In fact, I'll be thru there tomorrow. It's flat with lots & lots of cornfields. Anything you construct there would stand out if it wasn't a barn:D

this power station apparently :)

Attachment(s):

southeast7.jpg, 86.23kb

14_1029798248.jpg

Back