anyone using Redhat9?

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
i have been playing with it for a few days now. Not overly impressed with the new interface. And where the hell is kpackage?

I downloaded Redhat 8 but never was able to install it because a file on disc 2 had an error.

I tried it on my main machine, now trying to get rid of it. My other machines are still running 7.3. My laptop has 8.0 on it, but I wouldn't go past saying I'm satisfied with it. 7.3 was the best--they royally screwed the shell colors up after that.

Well after spending a couple of days trying to actually getting something to install i am now installing mandrake 9.1. if they screwed that up too ill be going back to RH 7.3 or 8. i just cant believe they did this. mirlyn did you notice that they set the mouse to double click by default now? I dont want it like windows in that aspect.:grumpy:

You can change that Sammy, and if you're trying Mandrake, go for 8.2, I did 9.0 a while back and had a ton of trouble with it.

yea i decided to go with man8.2 just cause ive ran it before and liked it. well we'll see how it goes.

samcurry said:
Well after spending a couple of days trying to actually getting something to install i am now installing mandrake 9.1. if they screwed that up too ill be going back to RH 7.3 or 8. i just cant believe they did this. mirlyn did you notice that they set the mouse to double click by default now? I dont want it like windows in that aspect.:grumpy:

I did notice that. However, I do very little work in X-windows, mostly just command-line.

I've used both mandrake 9.1 and redhat 9 neither of which I cared too much for.... I currently am using slackware 9 and am more than happy with it. IMHO

Back