April Fools...a day later

Mirlyn

Radio prank has listeners worried about Wichita water
Jarrod Bartlett
KWCH 12 Eyewitness News
Thursday, April 1, 2004

You don't realize how much you use water every day until you don't have it.

"We said don't take a shower the water has Dihydrogen Monoxide in it." That's what morning radio personalities "Crash", and the "Hitman" told their listeners this morning on Power 93. They told everyone Wichita's water had a chemical in it that would wrinkle your skin.
KWCH, Wichita
:lol2:
If that wasn't enough...
Local radio station plays April Fool's joke on listeners
KSNW-TV
Updated: 9:36 a.m. ET April 02, 2004
However, Wichita's Water Department didn't see the humor after receiving hundreds of calls from people concerned about the safety of the water supply.

"We don't think it was funny, we think it was irresponsible," said Mike Carney, Sedgwick County Water Department. "We're going to be following up with the FCC and filing a complaint."
KSNW, Wichita
Oooops.....:D

Stupid people....

Anyone else had any good pranks pulled or pulled any good pranks themselves? Some of my ideas didn't work out, so they've been postponed. :(

I have heard about a whole bunch of different jokes gone bad this year. I have yet to hear a good funny one that worked.

apparently NPR (www.npr.org) ran a news story about "portable zip codes" (much like the new portable cell phone numbers) in a campaign for the post office called Go Postal.

apparently the husband caught it and was quite irate saying it was the stupidest thing he'd ever heard. listened to it on the way home from work and was prepared to write ... someone about how stupid it sounded. *lol* then he realized it was a joke.

I got asked to call Mr Lyon yesterday at work. I was given the phone number and got through to chester zoo. Didnt twig at first but 3 seconds later with laughter on both ends of the phone....

damn evil best friend people

There was a story on the Mr. Lyon thing in today's Fresno Bee. It seems that's a very common thing to do. But there's a twist this year: the zoo is in the middle of a humungous fundraising drive to save itself. A nine-year-old girl wrote a letter to the Fresno Bee encouraging everyone to donate a dollar, and she included her dollar with it. They've gotten several hundred thousand dollars so far through various donations. So here's the hook: zoo employees kindly inform callers they got taken, then ask them to tell the pranksters to donate money to the zoo.

American Zoo and Aquarium Association story on the fund-raising drive:
http://www.azasweb.com/default.aspx?tabid=98

last year i told my ex (he wasn't then) that i was pregnant again...but i didn't think the same would go over well this year. :eh:

I almost locked my boss in a giant lock case we just got installed yesterday, but I don't think he would've found that as funny as I would've.

tonks said:
last year i told my ex (he wasn't then) that i was pregnant again...but i didn't think the same would go over well this year. :eh:

On the contrary, it would have been even funnier. At least for everyone else. :D

Inkara1 said:
On the contrary, it would have been even funnier. At least for everyone else. :D
i really think you misunderstood my meaning, i doubt my current...friend would appreciate such a joke...but i see your meaning and it would indeed have been funny played on the ex....cept for the no sex with him in months and months.....and months.

Would the ex shit if you got pregnant by the new...friend? If so, you should've told your ex you're pregnant to see how he would react. ^_^

tonks said:

That's cruel tonks :(

(had that trick played on him)

Nearly gave me a bleedin' heart attack :nerd:

Inkara1 said:
Would the ex shit if you got pregnant by the new...friend? If so, you should've told your ex you're pregnant to see how he would react. ^_^
yeah...i don't need that kind of drama in my life thanks ;)

my friend who goes to my school messaged me and said that my school had been shut down cos the main building had burned down... i believed him at first, but then i think kittie told me it was a joke. the guy doesnt know that i ever fell for it, shhhh

Mirlyn said:
Anyone else had any good pranks pulled or pulled any good pranks themselves? Some of my ideas didn't work out, so they've been postponed. :(

i had a huge one...
took a lot of planning...
ok my parents own an internet cafe called CyberLAN and we have peopel that go in there that have become our friends...
basically we told them that MTV was coming down to look over the center and the gamers becaues there was a contest going on for a place on this reality show called G4M3R...
at first no one believed us but eventually we convinced people and they came, play games, and did their usual LAN stuff while the girl we hired to play the producer of MTV looked it over...

well at the very end she said
"Ok guys, MTV would like to thank you all for participating in this. We'll get back to you on the results and the winners. You all played great and it's definately going to be hard to choose. *she starts to leave but stops at the door*
Oh yeah, CyberLAN Cafe and Gaming Center would like to say "April Fools"

people freaked out... it was hilarious...

ok that was my april fools adventure... weeeeee

Back