Attn: ClaireBear (and others)

chcr

Too cute for words
Claire, here's that pic of the new axe.
attachment.php

Ain't she pretty???? :faptard:

Leslie said:
Got any Playstation cords in that bin? :lloyd:
:rofl4: No, sorry. Got a couple of broken tuners a few 'puter spares and various cords that have wanted re-soldering for as much as 25 years (isn't that how old Lopan is?;) ) but no game stuff. Not really into it.

I've got a couple bins like that too. Every cord imagineable but. Ah well it was worth a shot :D

ClaireBear said:
Is an Axe a guitar?

Its very pretty... and red...

:bolt:

:D

Seriously whats an axe... :tardbang:
Got it in one. It's musician slang for their instrument, in this case my new semi-hollow, double cutaway, dual humbucker...

Excuse me, I have to wipe of the keyboard.

*Of drool, you dirty minded people, drool!*

It also applies to horns, keyboards, etc. but not (in my experience anyway) to drums. :shrug:

chcr said:
Got it in one. It's musician slang for their instrument, in this case my new semi-hollow, double cutaway, dual humbucker...

Excuse me, I have to wipe of the keyboard.

*Of drool, you dirty minded people, drool!*

It also applies to horns, keyboards, etc. but not (in my experience anyway) to drums. :shrug:

Oh... I've heard the word "piece" being used over here....

"Is that the new Fender piece you got?" "Try my 5 string piece... Bassman!"

So my old clairinet would be a piece and an axe... mind its been years since I've played so it would probably be best to arm yourself with a piece or axe to stop me!!! :p :D

I remember that, now that you mention it. I guess "axe" is an Americanism.
mind its been years since I've played so it would probably be best to arm yourself with a piece or axe to stop me!!!
I'll keep that in mind if I ever see you with a clarinet. ;)

Raven said:
Chic I'll have its babies!

Which model?

It's a Oscar Schmidt by Washburn Indonesian copy of a Gibson ES335. Set the action and pickups up last night, tonight I'll play with the intonation. Sounds pretty good so far though. I was looking at an Epiphone Dot, but this looks just as good for less money. The finish is very clean for a cheap guitar, and it has Washburn humbuckers, so we'll see. I've got vintage reissue Gibson strings to put on it yet, then I'll set it up again and see how it sounds. My amp tends to make a guitar's shortcomings really stand out.

I'm more interested in that receiver on the shelf, personally. Make? Model? Watts per channel? Is that one of those old Pioneer units that spat out 225 watts per channel?

Inkara1 said:
I'm more interested in that receiver on the shelf, personally. Make? Model? Watts per channel? Is that one of those old Pioneer units that spat out 225 watts per channel?
I'm at work and it's at home, I'll try to remember to let you know. Winky's right though, it is older than you. Sanyo, not Pioneer BTW (got a Pioneer that my main computer runs through, newer model though).

Back