Auto troubles

HeXp£Øi±

My jeep's been putting out on me. When i try to accelerate just the sliightest bit it wants to die but if i give it more gas it's fine. It has no problems at speeds above 2mph, only when i first accelerate. Sometimes after it dies i restart it and it revs up to 3000rpm and once in awhile it will just stay there at 3000 or so rpm until i kill it and start it again then it idles normal again. I was thinking at first it was the fuel filter but i don't think that would rev it up. Possibly a combination of the fuel filter and the injectors? I tried some injecter cleaner but that didn't help.

Anyone have a clue? I'm driving to seward in two days(750 miles) and this is making me slightly nervous

sounds like it might be the TPS (throttle position sensor).
very common problem for this vehicle.. you may want to have a mechanic replace it, it needs to be set up and adjusted. also it may set a code in the computer (code 24 if I remember). and turn on the check engine light..

Fuck that. I won't pay the $80 to have it looked at. Instead what i have opted to do is send it in for a tuneup tomorrow and the guys will ultimately run into the problem anyway and tell me what it is. This way i get the evaluation/inspection AND a tuneup all for the low low price of a tuneup.

Oh you innocent little man you... You should know by now it will run perfect while there. It will sputter and die at the first stop light when you LEAVE there.

my car used to have bad throttle problems on idle and eventually under braking. basically it would start to die off as if the fuel had been cut from the system. my carb was well knackered it appeared, and the mix was so full of crud it couldn't accelerate properly.

Hex check or have someone check awac motor on the trottle chamber aic........(air idle control) it controls idle if it becomes dirty or deffective it will cause a variety of symtoms such as you are having now. Mopar runs crankcase ventilation through it and it becomes dirty and then wont pulse right which in turn will cause a bad idle or poor acceleration off idle. some symtoms are stumbling starts and stalling. When or should i say when it was tuned the trottle chamber should be cleaned and if you attemp to do it yourself make sure you use a cleaner that won't hurt your catilitic convert if ya use the wrong stuff you can melt the bisqus in the converter.

one more thing ......the check engine lite sometimes won't be on or drop a code but after it counts the times after each start and a situation is present then it will cause the check lite to light which depending on what year it is may be code 31 a awac code.

Back