Axl Rose sued by ex-bandmates

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Two former members of Guns N' Roses are suing singer Axl Rose for allegedly naming himself sole administrator of the US rock band's copyrights.

Slash and Duff - otherwise known as Saul Hudson and Michael McKagan - have accused Rose of "arrogance and ego".

The legal action claims the singer "is no longer willing to acknowledge the contributions of his former partners".

But Rose's lawyer said he only asked for his portion of royalties and a clerical error led to the overpayment.

Hudson and McKagan, now part of rock band Velvet Revolver, say Rose has made around $500,000 (£277,000) profit from their shares of the revenues every year.

Funds 'returned'

Rose, they claim, instructed the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) to send all royalties to his publishing company, bypassing the other band members.

But Rose's lawyer Howard Weitzman said his client was overpaid by the society and that he had returned the extra funds to the organisation.

In a separate action filed last year, Hudson and McKagan accused Rose of wrongly claiming ownership over the group's assets and blocking them from licensing the band's recordings to film producers.

That action is still pending. Rose is the only member of the band allowed to perform under the Guns N' Roses name.

Little has been heard from the band since 2002, when a scheduled tour - the group's first in a decade - was cancelled following Rose's non-appearance at two concerts in Vancouver, Canada.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4189220.stm

Immense talent. Bigger ego.

I always considered Duff the most talented dude in the band anyway. Pretty likeable feller too.

On a side note, I used to own an original vinyl copy of Live Like A Suicide. Sold that right before GNR Lies came out with the same stuff on it for a handsome little profit. Ahh, youth...

Back