Back Pain

PrincessLissa

There has GOT to be a way to at least make it better. I have been cleaning and re-organizing things today for about 2 or 3 hours (the pregnancy nesting phase) and then I was at the sewing machine for about an hour and my back wants me to die. Other than that everything I did shouldn't have been hard on my back. I went to Kohls, made dinner, played on the computer and sat at the library with a bunch of quilt magazine and books.

I have tried the heating pad, I have tried a hot bath, I have tried the ice packs and tried lying down a resting. Nothing is even helping. I guess it is time for the Tylenol.

Any other ideas?

Do you think maybe is that nerve pinched? The low back ones that the babies sit on? It never bothered me with the first but the second and 3rd were hellish.

Yoga. Not today or anything, get through this sore bit, and take up some yoga. Get loosened up.

does it radiate anywhere or just the low back. if it radiates, its probably sciatica and there isnt much you can take to ease it up. if its local, try a hot shower and do some stretching exercises.
thats what works for me.

Take either a balled fist or a thumb and jamb it firmly into the pained muscle group for a minute, release, repeat as needed until the electrical signal is broken and the muscle unclenches.

57.jpg

Spot said:
does it radiate anywhere or just the low back. if it radiates, its probably sciatica and there isnt much you can take to ease it up. if its local, try a hot shower and do some stretching exercises.
thats what works for me.

I have sciatica right now, but the pain was more in the middle back area. I slept okay, but it is still sore this morning. My sciatic nerve is horrible on somedays. It's been getting better, but sometimes I am not even able to walk around the apartment.

Leslie, I do yoga already and lots of prenatal stretches so I dunno if that is helping or making it worse.

PrincessLissa said:
I have sciatica right now, but the pain was more in the middle back area. I slept okay, but it is still sore this morning. My sciatic nerve is horrible on somedays. It's been getting better, but sometimes I am not even able to walk around the apartment.

Leslie, I do yoga already and lots of prenatal stretches so I dunno if that is helping or making it worse.
hmm...You will have to talk to the doctor or the yoga woman about what not to do to inflame it. As a rule, yoga shouldn't hurt, and should help a great deal, but you don't wanna be doing the exercises that are targeting that area for sure. As time progresses along it'll only get worse. :eh:

Have eric shove a few dozen books under one end of the couch (or bed) you want at least a foot elevation. Then lie head down. That'll straighten you out.

PrincessLissa said:

i had sciatica with marlowe. all that really worked for me was what rob recommended. my ex hated to do it because i would cry...but even though it hurt it felt sooo much better afterwards.

I have Erik due that on my lower back, but last night he was so tired that I wasn't going to going to make him do it under my shoulder blades. Plus, the roomate was asleep so I prolly would have woken him up with my pain and whimpering.

PrincessLissa said:
I have Erik due that on my lower back, but last night he was so tired that I wasn't going to going to make him do it under my shoulder blades. Plus, the roomate was asleep so I prolly would have woken him up with my pain and whimpering.
a nice warm bubble bath with scented candles burning and soft music would do nicely in a pinch.

Back