Back to the jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
and it only took 10 years...

Since the bases are going to be pretty far from the main city, it should turn out rather well. At least until the 'shanty towns' start popping up outside the gates.

MEXICO, September 27 (RIA Novosti) - Panama will sign before October 2009 a treaty with the United States on the opening of two U.S. naval bases on its territory, a senior Panamanian government official said on Sunday. According to Panama's La Prensa newspaper, a preliminary agreement was reached between Panamanian President Ricardo Martinelli and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during recent talks in New York.

ResearchMonkey

I'm not going. Those are going to be Navy bases. Even then, I will be retiring in about 3 years...

Are you ready? Enough desert sand for lifetime?

I hope you don't find being a civi too awfully boring. I suspect you'll find something to bide your time ;)

And just becuase it can't be said enough. Thanks for standing up for my right to be an idiot. :bgtup:

Gato_Solo

Are you ready? Enough desert sand for lifetime?

I hope you don't find being a civi too awfully boring. I suspect you'll find something to bide your time ;)

And just becuase it can't be said enough. Thanks for standing up for my right to be an idiot. :bgtup:

Nah. Just that 24 years is enough. I've squirreled away just enough to buy a few acres away from the cities for a modest home. Of course, I'll have to find a 'real' job, but it will only have to pay about 50% of what I'm making now to live like I'm doing ATM.

"Would you like fries with that?" ;)

If I decide on something a little more grand, I'd have to go civil service and suck off the teat for a few more years, but its still do-able.

2minkey

bootlicker
this is cool. it will help push hugo chavez over the edge of paranoia a little quicker, and maybe prompt a solution to his sorry ass.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He's got a solution. He & Wantsajihadman are talking nukes together.

As for Panama...what do they want?

Gato_Solo

He's got a solution. He & Wantsajihadman are talking nukes together.

As for Panama...what do they want?

Money, what else? When I was stationed there, we employed quite a few Panamanians on base...not counting maids, gardeners, nannys, etc employed by servicemembers. As an E-4, I had a guy come in twice a week to do my lawn for 15$. He had quite a racket going, as he hit just about every house on the block, presumably for the same amount. When we left in 1999, unemployment shot up to about 20%...

Status
Not open for further replies.