Bad Timing

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
My neice & her friends had spent several hours at the Putt-Putt/arcade place. Upon leaving, they couldn't find the car. They wandered aimlessly for several minutes, then she decides to go inside & see if there is another parking lot, just in case she was too stoned or whatever. On her way in, her friend asks, "isn't that your car"?

Some guy was pulling into the parking lot in her car. They approached him & started bitching, "Hey, you stole our car" type of stuff. He was befuddled. I'm part of the wedding party (they rented a room there) and "I just went for tomatoes...my friend gave me her keys & said she drove a green Ford Taurus...since the keys fit, I just assumed..."

My nieces car is a green Mercury Sable. The keys fit both cars. Talk about bad timing.

A ford key fits something like 1 in 30 ford/mercury/lincoln cars. At least that's the way it was a decade ago. Not sure on the specs nowadays.

:laugh5: I thought Ford changed their system so that 2 cars of similar color wouldn't have the same keys years ago. :lol: Guess not... :tardbang:

Just get a locksmith to put in a new ignition for it to prevent it from happening again. That's what they did when we lost the keys to one of our cars.

Back