Baghdad stuff...

BTW...the lake is stocked with quite a few fish...hybrid bass, catfish, carp, bluegill...and not one allowed to be eaten. Seems Saddam's lake is also where quite a few Iraqi's disappeared before the war...

alex said:
Any pirahana in there?

Never were. Pirahna, for all their viscious reputation, are cowards unless in extremely large numbers. I had a friend who kept 6 in an aquarium. He routinely put his diving watch in the tank, and stick his hand in to get it. The 'bloodthirsty' pirahna would always scatter into the corners of the tank until his hand left the water. Oscars, OTOH, are truly feroscious(sp?)...

Cichlids too...but they are generally too small to hurt but it doesn't stop them from trying. I used to get my finger wet and put fish food on it and dip it in the tank. Drove them nutso and was amusing for me!

Gato_Solo said:
Oscars, OTOH, are truly feroscious(sp?)...
Aw, not so much. Once they know you they give you little fishie hugs when you put your hands in with them.

On the other hand they sit and glare balefully with hatred in their eyes at you when you don't feed them on their whim. And spit food they're not happy with in your general direction.

The pirhanas we had were weenies. They never did nuttin, even to the cat who continually insisted on putting his paws in their water.

For someone who could build anything he wanted, that building shore is fugly.

Leslie said:
Aw, not so much. Once they know you they give you little fishie hugs when you put your hands in with them.

On the other hand they sit and glare balefully with hatred in their eyes at you when you don't feed them on their whim. And spit food they're not happy with in your general direction.

The pirhanas we had were weenies. They never did nuttin, even to the cat who continually insisted on putting his paws in their water.

For someone who could build anything he wanted, that building shore is fugly.

Which one? Both had their share of battle damage, and were repaired...

They both are. I was referring to the dome, which I guess was the palace? The squat one wins the fugly award, but I figure that's for function.

Leslie said:
They both are. I was referring to the dome, which I guess was the palace? The squat one wins the fugly award, but I figure that's for function.

The squat one was where he kept boats. It was mostly used for parties. It was also where his son's liked to 'hang around'. The domed building was the primary living area. What's not pictured is what we call "Flintstone Village", which was an underground play area for his grandchildren.

This picture is the inside of the domed palace...

Yeah that guy should be deposed and thrown in prison
and his son's shot to death

er wait nevah mind...

Back