Balance of power in the NL

Inkara1

A quick check of the standings shows something interesting:

In the NL East, no team is below .500. Florida is in last place with a 49-48 record. Meanwhile, in the NL West, no team is above .500. San Diego lost its eighth game in a row to fall to 50-50... and yet the Padres still lead the division.

Yeah. Those of us in the know call it REAL baseball. You know, where pitchers have to do everything involved in the game, and folks who can't field can't play effectively.

BTW, Atlanta and Washington went into their current series tied for the lead in the NL East. As of last night, the Braves are one game up (after a 10th inning win). Keep your eyes on the rest of the series, it ought to be fun.

HomeLAN said:
Yeah. Those of us in the know call it REAL baseball. You know, where pitchers have to do everything involved in the game, and folks who can't field can't play effectively.

The sad thing is, I agree with that. ;)

NLWest W L PCT said:
San Diego 51 51 .500
Arizona 50 54 .481
Los Angeles 46 56 .451
San Francisco 44 57 .436
Colorado 36 65 .356

I'm not paying attention this year :(

It'll be interesting to see how quickly Chan Ho turns around the notion that no one can hit a home run in Petco Park.

They gave up 3 already today there, and he wasn't even pitching! Making him feel more comfortable, I guess. :D If the Reds can hold a 7 run lead (that's a bigger if than with most teams), they'll be tied for first with Arizona at 51-54 after we got our brains beat in by them today.

Back