Ban the flag

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
No, a different one this time. :D

From tonguetied.us

A football fan in the UK has been told that a St. Georges flag with the words "Born in England Live in England Die in England" is racist and will not be allowed at future games, according to the Manchester Evening News.

The manager of the Brentford football club, Martin Allen, called the flag racially offensive to the several black players in his club.

"It made it a difficult afternoon," Allen said. "If we see it again at our ground I will find the person responsible and burn it in front of him. There is no room for it in society or in football."

Ban the flag?
Flag%20-%20UN.jpg

SouthernN'Proud said:
The manager of the Brentford football club, Martin Allen, called the flag racially offensive to the several black players in his club.

"It made it a difficult afternoon," Allen said. "If we see it again at our ground I will find the person responsible and burn it in front of him. There is no room for it in society or in football."

He might try it, but he'll not leave the pitch alive.

Professur said:
He might try it, but he'll not leave the pitch alive.

Unless he/she claims he/she is muslim, and all crosses are offensive. Then the crowd will be immediately cowed, and trip over themselves trying to apologize. ;)

SouthernN'Proud said:
No, a different one this time. :D

From tonguetied.us

A football fan in the UK has been told that a St. Georges flag with the words "Born in England Live in England Die in England" is racist and will not be allowed at future games, according to the Manchester Evening News.

I wonder if he noted that race wasnt even mentioned.

These lame cries of racism & sexism, etc, are what makes people ignore the true problems. Crying wolf ought to be an -ism.

Gonz said:
These lame cries of racism & sexism, etc, are what makes people ignore the true problems. Crying wolf ought to be an -ism.

It may not be an '-ism', but it does have another name, or two...lunacy comes to mind right away...ignorance, also.

Spot said:
ummm...racist??
what am i missing here?

If you have an extremely thin skin, or a mind like a lunatic, you could construe the writings on the flag as being anglo-centric...

Gonz said:

Not an "ism" but bullshit or stupidity or ignorance count?

Back