Baseball manager changes

Inkara1

Rangers hire Oakland 3B coach Ron Washington as manager, and Art Howe as bench coach.

Thoughts, Ranger fans?

Padilla presents quite a decision... his temperament isn't that good to have around, but he's shown he can pitch effectively in Arlington.

I say 'go fully the other way'. Make it the WORST friggin pitching staff since the 1899 Cleveland Spiders. Their singlehanded ability to pony up 20 opposing homeruns a game will put butts in seats... at least for those watching the visiting team. The merchandising take will be massive... and for the local fans... the alcohol sales to drown sorrows will be enormous.

What about winning 15 games a year with an ERA in the low- to mid-4 range?

That's readily available every season with free agents. We need a bona fide ace. Upper echelon, top shelf, USDA prime. We got the hitting, always do. Teixeira is a future hall of famer. Matthews is a highlight reel in the outfield. Young is every bit the shortstop Jeter is, and can hit .300 with his eyes closed. We've had all that for years, all the way back to the mid 80s. If you can't win in the playoffs with Pudge and Juan Gonzales and that crew, then you go get a live pitcher instead of the parade of goofs they've marched to the mound. Seems simple to me. Other teams do it. I mean, when your offensive powerhouse is Paul Konerko and you win a World Series, that oughta tell the Rangers something.

Back