Baseball season! GO MARINERS!!!

markjs

Banned
Who are we all rooting for? You know my team.

As per usual the Skankees have bought another playoff spot.....I hope Pay-Rod has the slump of his career, but I am sure that is asking too much.

The boys of summer are back!

i'm going to start watching this year...football season is just too far away and i need a fix. i suppose i'll root for the braves.

i'm going to wiat till after the Bruins screw up their playoff run before i start paying too close attention to the Red Sox.
should be an interesting year with the new additions to the pitching staff.

My long time faves, the Dodgers are, once again, owned by an individual instead of a mega-corp, so I can return to rooting for them.

They & the D'backs.

Hey AL fan, when are your pitchers gonna quit being such wusses & actually learn to hold a bat? :p

I don;t expect a whole lot from my team after we lost most of our talent, but Go Braves! anyways.

Gonz said:
Hey AL fan, when are your pitchers gonna quit being such wusses & actually learn to hold a bat? :p

isnt the NL going to give the DH rule a try? thought i read that somewhere at the end of last season.

Spot said:
isnt the NL going to give the DH rule a try? thought i read that somewhere at the end of last season.
so...lemme get this straight because i'm new to it...if they do give thr designated hitter thing a go then all some of these chuckleheads will have to do will be to pitch and run? aren't there enough people in the minor leagues that can play the all parts of the game?

They don't even have to run. Your team gets to pay some overpriced oldsters with HR's in his blood so the pitcher can concentrate on throwing.

the DH rule has been a boon to aging superstars and for the power hitters that cant run worth a damn.
the pitchers wont have to bat and the DHers dont have to play the field.

it reminds me of girly push ups for some reason. you wouldn't find this kind of mollycoddling in the NFL.

Nor in the National League. That's the point.

I once thought that interleague play would spell the end of the DH rule, but apparently not. Oh well, there goes the only real potential positive for that.

Spot said:
i'm going to wiat till after the Bruins screw up their playoff run before i start paying too close attention to the Red Sox.
should be an interesting year with the new additions to the pitching staff.

The pennant race should be lots of fun. i hope they're both in it, wouldn't that be a hell of a note, spend all that money and finish fifth or something. Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize in advance for all the terrible things I'm going to say to you and about you as the pennant race heats up. :lol:

Oh, and Gonz, I don't like the DH either, but surely you don't expect me to root for the Mets?

tonks said:
it reminds me of girly push ups for some reason. you wouldn't find this kind of mollycoddling in the NFL.

I wanna be the Colts punter.

chcr said:
Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize in advance for all the terrible things I'm going to say to you and about you as the pennant race heats up. :lol:

oh well...might as well get it out of the way...YANKEES SUCK!!! :p :D

And here I sit, watching the Rangers probably lose again. I'm hoping they keep Glendon Rusch in the rotation. His spring training start today isn't going well, but over the course of the season he would even out, and given the way the Ballpark in Arlington is designed, Texas needs more lefties in the rotation.

Now that A-Rod's gone, the payroll is down to like $60 million or $70 million, instead of over $100 million. Maybe we can spend money on real pitchers next offseason, ones not represented by Scott Boras (*ahem* Chan Ho *ahem*).

I should also take this opportunity to laugh at the $183-million-dollar team's 8-3 loss to the Devil Rays in Japan.

Back