Battle Royale

Kawaii

I just watched it. A wonderful movie... Far better than anything Hollywood spews out. The story: The government has created something called "Battle Royale", which means that every year a class of 9th-graders is selected to participate in a game. The game is that everyone is fitted with an explosive necklace and given a weapon(pretty random, everything from sickles to machine guns to binoculars). They put everyone on a deserted island and give them 3 days. After that time has passed, there must be only one person left alive... Or everyone dies.
Sure it sounds cheesy, but it's not. People are killed in a very passionate fashion, comparable to '28 days later'... The movie reminds me of 'Lord of the Flies' and 'Robinson Crouse'.

I recommend that you watch it if you haven't done so already. For those who've watched it; What did you think of it? Good? Bad? Elaborate!
winner.jpg

i saw parts of it and thought it was hilarious. if you like that try Riki Oh the Story of Riki. different story but still all the cheesy gore

i saw a battle royale manga, but it was #5, and i'm like... "ok, so there's at least 5 of them, and i dont feel like spending at least $50 on this series"
so i didnt get it

The concept was good, but the human misery and breakdown of social morays was a bit underhandled. The scripting and acting was horrid. I would love to see what Stanley Kubrick and a 20 million$ could have made the concept into.

Ash most mangas have quite a few in them.

Stanley Kubrick or David Lynch since David has some very dark movies Id like to see myself.

Unc it was made to be funny. sort of low budget cult classic types. you know Evil Dead and Riki Oh and some others

freako104 said:
Ash most mangas have quite a few in them.

Stanley Kubrick or David Lynch since David has some very dark movies Id like to see myself.

Unc it was made to be funny. sort of low budget cult classic types. you know Evil Dead and Riki Oh and some others
It was mostly funny... although I didn't really understand the ending.

unclehobart said:
. I would love to see what Stanley Kubrick and a 20 million$ could have made the concept into.

jon-a-than jon-a-thon

(rollerball reference)

actually reminds me of the story the long walk by stephen king, writing as Richard Bachman

Back