Be careful what you say

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Someone is always paying attention.

"This commutation sends the clear signal that in this administration, cronyism and ideology trump competence and justice." - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y.

Assortment of pissing & moaning

Dear Hilary,
With a philandering, money grubbing, lying weasel like your husband, (fill in the glass house analogy here)

List of President Clintons Pardons Pay particular attention to the final day in office.

Commutations by President Clinton.

commutations list said:
Louise Cain House
Offense: Engaging in a continuing criminal enterprise, 21 U.S.C. § 848
District/Date: Eastern Missouri; May 16, 1994
Sentence: 180 months' imprisonment; three years' supervised release
Terms of Grant: Sentence of imprisonment to expire immediately

Shawndra Lenese Mills
Offense: Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute a controlled substance, 21 U.S.C. § 846
District/Date: Eastern Kentucky; January 7, 1993
Sentence: 120 months' imprisonment; five years' supervised release

Serena Denise Nunn

Offense: Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute cocaine, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, aiding and abetting the attempt to possess with intent to distribute cocaine, 21 U.S.C. §§ 841(a)(1), 841(b)(1)(A), and 846, and 18 U.S.C. § 2
District/Date: Minnesota; April 11, 1990
Sentence: 188 months' imprisonment; five years' supervised release

Amy Ralston Pofahl
Offense: Conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance, 21 U.S.C. §846; conspiracy to import a controlled substance, 21 U.S.C. § 963; and money laundering, 18 U.S.C. § 1956(a))(1)(B)(i).
District/Date: Western Texas; February 27, 1992
Sentence: 292 months' imprisonment; three years' supervised release; $10,000 fine

Just paused the scroll at random. He sure seemed to favor the ladies, huh? Course we all knew that now didn't we?

"This is exactly the kind of politics we must change so we can begin restoring the American people's faith in a government that puts the country's progress ahead of the bitter partisanship of recent years." - Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.

You first pal.

Pardons list said:
Roger Clinton 1. W. D. Ark. 1. 1985 1. Conspiracy to distribute cocaine, 21 U.S.C. § 846
2. W.D. Ark. 2. 1985
2. Distribution of cocaine, 21 U.S.C. § 841(a)(1)

I raise the obvious question because I honestly don't know. Bit o' nepotism?

I also noticed an inordinate amount of pardons from the Arkansas courts. Funny that. Throw a bone to the homeys?

I wonder if anyone has compiled a list of how many each Prez has done.

Ford is still the pardon king for quality points though. Pardoning Nixon was probably worth a good 50 of us common folk.

I wonder if anyone has compiled a list of how many each Prez has done.

Yeah, but none of them were named Clinton. It's the conservatives' favorite whine. ;)

It's a tradition dating back to some dude named Washington.

Yeah, but none of them were named Clinton. It's the conservatives' favorite whine. ;)

It's a tradition dating back to some dude named Washington.

Thats kinda cynical, innit? The response about Clinton was a rebuttal to the slam on Bush. As for dating back to the original GW, the DOJ only lists back til FY 1900. Check for yourself...;)

Back