• Platoon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tora! Tora! Tora!

• Pearl Harbor

• Total voters

HeXp£Øi±

Well...it was better than Platoon. Anyway it does have a few awesome scenes although it's about a worthy dipiction of the events as was Titantic. It could have been an awesome film.

freako104

HeXp£Øi± said:
Well...it was better than Platoon

i disagree i prefer platoon. i cant decide between Saving Pvt Ryan, Platoon and Apocolypse Now. hey does Dr. Strangelove count??? Full Metal Jacket was awesome too.

unclehobart

Red Dawn
Bridge Over the River Kwai
The Great Escape
Galipoli
Patton
Zulu
Gunga Din
The Red Badge of Courage
that huge TNT production of Gettysburg
Mister Roberts
The Blue Max
Pork Chop Hill
Sands of Iwo Jima
the Sand Pebbles
Sergeant York

unclehobart

We need to trim the fluff outta the poll and stuff it with the truly best movies. Patton sure as hell bitchslaps PT 109 and sends it home crying to momma.

HeXp£Øi±

True. There's so many of them really. I used to get up on saturday mornings when i was a kid and watch all the old war films on wtbs.
I really don't care what any mods do to this thread. I expected it to be far from perfect anyway since i didn't have the option to edit.

unclehobart

Thin Red Line
A Bridge Too Far
Black Hawk Down
Glory
Cross of Iron
All Quiet on the Western Front
Stalingrad
Battan
Catch-22
The Devils Brigade
The Dirty Dozen
The Big Red One
Memphis Belle
Kelley's Heroes

unclehobart

We need to make a poll based upon the broad scopes within the war movies. It should be groupings like:

1. Pure war movies: The Longest Day, Patton, Battan, Black Hawk Down, The Devils Brigade...
2. Pure War movies with a message: Private Ryan, All Quiet on the Western Front, Thin Red Line, Galipoli ...
3. Dramas staged within wartime: Schindlers List, Catch-22, Memphis Belle, Breaker Morant, Gunga Din, Great Escape, Sand Pebbles ...
4. War Comedy: 1941, Kelley's Heroes, Dr Strangelove...
5. Ficticious war drama: Red Dawn, The Seven Samurai...

HeXp£Øi±

Sounds like a task for someone with lots of time. I think it's a little more work even then it sounds. Should fiction be seperated from non-fiction? Where would something like Full Metal Jacket go? What about Apocalypse Now which is based on a real person and some true events? A good idea Unc. get to it.:D

I'd even help you create the lists.