BFG Technologies

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Picked up a Ti4200 a few years back. Lifetime warranty. The fan took a shit mid-spin the other day...my kid was doing his homework nearby & noticed the dance of the artifacts. They turned it off...too late. I put another fan on it, hoping beyond hope. Nothing. I contact BFG, with a short explanation of the problem.

The reply is fitting.
Thank you for contacting the BFG E-Mail support group. Removal of the fan on the video card is a violation of the terms of the lifetime warranty. The entire card, including the fan, is under our warranty but one of the terms of that warranty includes not tampering with the card.

Scot @ BFG Technical Support

So my reply was equally curt
Thanks for your reply. Be assured, with such outstanding &
understanding customer service, that from this day forth I will make
it a point to not purchase any BFG products. I will also make it a
point to persuade others to find better choices.

Again, Thank you for a valuable lesson

I suggest not purchasing BFG Technologies products since they find their insufficient fans an integral part of their cards. :shrug:

yep, that's why I look for brands that don't have a fan.
Of coarse I'm not a gamer either. :nerd:

I usually stick with ati, and or sapphire, but I do have a couple of nvidia cards.
I keep a close eye on the one or 2 I have with fans.

I might suggest getting a thermal sensor if you get another highend card. ;)

When I used it, I had a better fan than they supplied. Since I got the ATI, it's been on the wifes machine, with the stock fan. Funny part is, according to the warranty, the card is lifetime, the fan is one year. It's been well more than that. They would have found a way to say no.

Gonz said:
When I used it, I had a better fan than they supplied. Since I got the ATI, it's been on the wifes machine, with the stock fan. Funny part is, according to the warranty, the card is lifetime, the fan is one year. It's been well more than that. They would have found a way to say no.
So does that mean if the fan goes up the swanny and the card gets fried after the fan is 1 year old, they will replace the card but not the fan?

Back