Black Friday II

greenfreak

So who's hitting the stores for after Christmas sales and exchanges??

Rusty got a gift certificate to a local mall for $400. so we are going to spend it at Williams Sonoma on this: Wustof knife set

I know I know, it's a lot of money for 10 knives, and there's bound to be someone out there who knows of a better knife or brand but let me say right now, I don't care. That's what he wants, that's what he gets. And he's the cook, so the kitchen belongs to him anyway. :)

I also am out to find a pair of good quality, plain, black, comfortable shoes in my size (10). Which should probably be next to impossible. But we're gonna brave the crowds anyway! We'll probably wind up buying some tree ornaments too if they're on sale.

Anyone else going shopping?

I understand Rusty, I like good knives as well, when i have a house i'm getting some hand made artesanal knives made in a town near Morelia, very expensive but they are worth it.

And about shopping after xmas, if there's someone who's not going to shop a thing that's me, I've already spend too much money:
- $69 on a new cell-phone.
- $150 on DVDs.
- $300 on books.
- $1850 on a notebook.

Obviously, I want to save some money now. :D

Has anyone seen an advance of the sales? The stores are still open & I'd be willing to buy in advance :D

poolking said:
What guarantee is there on the knives?

Lifetime, if I'm not mistaken. Rusty used to work for a store that sold these knives and has always wanted a set of them. There's even room for the Wustof steak knives if we wind up buying them down the road. I told him I would get him one knife per occasion. ;)

Luis, my goodness! Merry Christmas to you, huh?! I know what you mean though, I went to get an outfit for a party last weekend and wound up buying three pairs of pants, two shirts, a pair of leather high heel boots, and 15 pairs of socks. Sure, it doesn't beat buying a laptop but I won't be spending much money on myself either. Well, after I get my comfortable shoes that is. :D

greenfreak said:
Lifetime, if I'm not mistaken. Rusty used to work for a store that sold these knives and has always wanted a set of them. There's even room for the Wustof steak knives if we wind up buying them down the road. I told him I would get him one knife per occasion. ;)

Luis, my goodness! Merry Christmas to you, huh?! I know what you mean though, I went to get an outfit for a party last weekend and wound up buying three pairs of pants, two shirts, a pair of leather high heel boots, and 15 pairs of socks. Sure, it doesn't beat buying a laptop but I won't be spending much money on myself either. Well, after I get my comfortable shoes that is. :D

Good the last thing you want is after a couple of months of usage they start getting blunt and discoloured.

The only shopping I did was a quick trip to Circuit City for a 20" flat-screen stereo TV. I'd say $140 after tax isn't too bad for a flat-screen.

i survived Black Friday pt2 at the photo lab... but only because the machine was convienientl broken :) my coworker who's basically in charge told me not to take any in-house film in. so i had a good day :)

I went to BB to blow a gift card on a GameDr (remember my kid?). It was on sale for $25.99. Instead I ran across a SkipDr, clearance priced for $9.99. What's the difference? As far as I could tell, not a damned thing but teh $15. is saving, which I blew on Madden 2003 for ten bucks.

Just gonna go get a bits and pieces of fresh food.

But there's a computer fair tomorrow! Got my eye on a Barton and some Ram. :D

Well we got the knives, they're really nice. And a bottle of olive oil with spices in it for dipping bread. And I got two pair of shoes, one comfortable pair that are kinda ugly and a pair of brown shoe boots that were half off. Then we went to Borders bookstore to spend the gift card I got Rusty and he bought two DVD's. All in all, the day went fine. No fights in the stores, no fender benders in the parking lot. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be.

greenfreak said:
Well we got the knives, they're really nice. And a bottle of olive oil with spices in it for dipping bread. And I got two pair of shoes, one comfortable pair that are kinda ugly and a pair of brown shoe boots that were half off. Then we went to Borders bookstore to spend the gift card I got Rusty and he bought two DVD's. All in all, the day went fine. No fights in the stores, no fender benders in the parking lot. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be.

I'm glad you like the knives. :D

Back