Blood Blisters

PrincessLissa

Wow, I am a thread starting posting whore tonight.

Anyway, I stepped on a needle a few days and it ended up turning into a really nasty blood bister. It was concave for a few days but is just now starting to swell and puff up like a blister. It hurts like hell. What am I sposed to do with a blood blister? Just leave it? It hurts to put any pressure on it including my slipper.

I think the blood part and the swelling and ow and puff are two seperate things. I'd be throwing some polysporin or stronger on it fast. Sounds infected to me. All my blood blisters have been relatively painless.

Kr-12 is right but for the wrong reason as mother Hen Les has pointed out it is infected. A blood blister is not the result of a puncture wound. Open it up and dump some Merthiolate in it ;) ;)

When I touch it, I can feel a bit of something pokey under the skin right where the middle of the black spot is. Maybe I got part of the needle stuck in it. If it looks this way tomorrow, I will call a doctor's office and ask them. I figure that maybe the needle, if it is in there, is festering it's way out. If I get the needle out I will clean it out and keep my eyes peeled for blood poisining. I've had it before and so far it hasn't looked like that to me.

Oh Hell Yeah gots me a bottle right here!

I love the stuff.
A great trauma inducer from my childhood!

The fambily thinks I'm nuts for using it, their prolly right!
-----------
How'd you get blood posioning before :eek:

Didn't your mommy tell you that a 'blister'
is natures version of a Band-Aid and not to poop it?

box11.jpg

Winky said:

box11.jpg

Probably.. But I quickly learned that they heal much faster when they finally break, or if you pop them.

pfft, and band-aids are over rated.

:D

Winky said:
My mommy dun tole me to not poop any wounds. It makes for raging infections.

Winky said:
-----------
How'd you get blood posioning before :eek:

I was walking home from school one day wearing sandles and got a rock got in them. The rock cut my foot open just a little and even though I cleaned it out and put the bandaid on it when I got home, an infection started either due to dirt or pus and somehow got posion into my blood stream. I didn't notice too much untill the posion found an artery and started trecking up the side of my foot. We went to the doctor and everything was better.

Worst part was that I had to have crutches for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I was excited because that was only one school day that I would have to crutch around. Too bad it was April Fool's Day and no one belived me. :shrug:

Ouchy! Lettuce knot have a replay with this
one K'? Widdle humans in the womb and
BLOOD POSIONING ain't what I'd call an
optimum combination!

We are watching it very closley and it seems to be getting better after I played with it last night. The pain is starting to let up a lot too.

So, it wasn't a blood blister. It was almost half an inch of needle stuck in my foot trying to fester it's way back out. I was able to soak my foot, pull back the icky black stuff and pull the needle out with tweezers.

It feels better, but that was SO nasty.

owie! :(
I did that with glass last year, it was awful. Make sure and put somethin on it right away. :eh:

I was minutes away from goin to Emerg because it just kept working itself in. The tiniest little sliver it was and the amount of trouble it caused. Sheesh.

I'm tryin real hard not to puke over a half inch of needle :sick2:

Back