Board games

greenfreak

Rusty and I liked playing his Trivial Pursuit: Star Wars game but I don't know enough about it for it to be fun for me. My Mom mentioned the Pop Culture edition, figuring that we could all play together on our frequent weekend visits during the summer.

So I found a Kay-Bee toystore closeby my house to get it. They had TV: LOTR, TV: Saturday Night Live but no Pop Culture. Figuring it's because it's a smaller toystore specifically for kids, I'd just go to Toys R Us another time.

Went to Toys R Us today, they didn't have it either! This is what I get for choosing brick-and-mortar stores. Rusty is going to order it from Amazon today. Considering we're expecting our first snowfall this winter today, it would have been perfect to have. :eh:

Anyway, has anyone ever played it? Know any other 2-person or group games that are fun? Uno is my favorite game but I also liked Life and Pictionary.

Next time you have 10 or so people gathered in your home, might I suggest two decks of Phase 10?

Mahjong - hours of fun. :)
Go, a nice game for beginners, which can build up into really complicated gameplay dependent on your level.
Settlers of Catan, haven't played this one, but I've heard lots of good things about it. It is consistently in the top-10 board games slot. :)

Stratego is fun. So are 'Risk' and 'Diplomacy'.
Check out yard sales too, my friend has a bunch of old board games that her dad had as a kid and they are a lot of fun.

Altron said:
Stratego is fun. So are 'Risk' and 'Diplomacy'.
Check out yard sales too, my friend has a bunch of old board games that her dad had as a kid and they are a lot of fun.
I love Risk! No one in my current social circle plays it. I thought it had gone out of fashion. Do a lot of your friends play? Stratego is fun too. I never played Diplomacy but I'm not very diplomatic. :D

Re Trivial Pursuit, when I used to play (i.e. when it first became popular) friends used to make me fill my pie twice and I'd still win easily. Games are no fun for anyone when someone is that much better than everyone else. Everyone knows that it was originally a bar game, right?

Inkara1 said:
Next time you have 10 or so people gathered in your home, might I suggest two decks of Phase 10?
Fond memories, Aaron? ;)
I like scrabble and phase10 and uno and rummy....ooh ooh and Jenga!

ahhh the memory of my youth...hanging around with my friends playing board games....turning every one of them into drinking games.....

I just think it's the best portable game and the pigs are adorable! Haven't played in forever though. I need to pick up a set.
When I was working I had a pair of regulars, father and daughter, that wouls play it at the table while waiting for breakfast. She was a bit too old to need distraction to behave nicely but I thought it might work for my younger children.

Back