BoP ... NZ question for ya...

Are they all over both islands or is there a general point where the climate gets too cold and the herd thins going southward?

How far south have you been in NZ? ... that gives me an idea for a new thread.

Pohutukawa.jpg

For those of us who don't know, and are too lazy to look. :grinyes:

kuulani said:
thanks gato.
did i sound like i knew what it was? :nerd:

Actually, that was mostly for my benefit, as I'd never heard of a pohutukawa before. :blush: Thanks for outing yourself, though. :D :p

nice summary page.

Pohutukawa is found on Three Kings Island, and the North Island, generally in coastal forest to its Southern limit in Poverty Bay and Urenui (Northern Taranaki).(2) It is also found inland on lake shores and the islands of the Volcanic Plateau of the North Island because the Maori took it there.(6) Pohutukawa has been planted overseas as an ornamental.(3)

BoP, You mean to tell me that I have seen more of your country than you have?

Erm... probably... :blush: I've been all over the North Island, but I've only done the top of the south island (reminds hobart that it costs the same to travel to the South Island that it does to Australia, and that there is a reason that Ms. Pants steals pants - being a poor impoverished student;))

You need to take a holiday to the Franz Joseph glacier. The trek guides are pure mold poured yumminess... and thats coming from a guy.

Back