Brake job issues

A.B.Normal

Installing new pads & rotors on my '03 Dak.The Ebc greenstuff pads came all in one box and no indication where they go .Two have little tabs ,two do not any ideas where the tabbed ones go and do the tabs go to the top or bottom ,the d@mn things fit anywhere.And is it gonna make a difference with two without tabs ,because they look identical.
'03 Dak fronts with a dual piston caliper.
Pics attached to my thread here

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1190521#post1190521

those are the squealer tabs to let you know its time to replace the pads.. I put them in the inside with the tabs up..

Yours don't have clips to hold them in place like the Neon does? I thought that was a good safety feature (I once had a pad wear to the backing plate and fall out of the car in less than 5,000 miles in the Honda).

Inkara1 said:
Yours don't have clips to hold them in place like the Neon does? I thought that was a good safety feature (I once had a pad wear to the backing plate and fall out of the car in less than 5,000 miles in the Honda).

Nope ,no clips.

Thanks again kruz,made perfect sense after you mentioned the wear indicator.I had searched several Dodge truck sites and I have a 2001FSM ,but after I dove in I realized the '03s are quite different and panicked when I saw the tab on the pad.

Dscf0793.jpg

Dscf0796.jpg

Back