Bridal Registry Placebo (sp)

75renegade

Never experienced, or even 'eard of, the whole, 'pick yer favorite store an' scan away thingy'..................where ya walk through a given store an' scan desired items, which are posted on a list given to prospective 'gift-buyers'............

Glad my beloved was there, (wouldn'ta been there without 'er!)

We chose Linens an' Things, as our store.

Almost seems way too '21st cent. American culture', an' yet, simotaneously, a small, useful 'service' to the fam. an' friends who care to know what kind of gifts would be most appreciated...........

At any rate, we both feel that the presence of each guest, at our ceremony, IS their gift!

The scan thingy was kinda fun though, if for no other reason, than to learn more 'bout one another's preferrences, etc.........:)

We didn't register anywhere. Mum took care of all of that. Wound up with two nearly identical kettles anyways.

Professur said:
We didn't register anywhere. Mum took care of all of that. Wound up with two nearly identical kettles anyways.

Prof, it was kinda funny, the whole contrast.............I got lost in the kitchen-wares dep't (Kitchen Aid this an' that).............(I cook)...........she got lost in the home furnishings dep't., (lamps, linens, bath accessories, etc.......

She brings such balance to all my anal culinary focuses! She's jus' awesome, that way, lookin' at the bigger picture, etc...........I'm jus' blessed to 'ave such a well-rounded perspective assistin' my narrow-minded perspectives!:)

I've always said that the perfect mate is someone who you can share things with, not someone you do share things with. Then you go on to discover new things together, but you can always have your little things that you can retreat to.

Professur said:
I've always said that the perfect mate is someone who you can share things with, not someone you do share things with. Then you go on to discover new things together, but you can always have your little things that you can retreat to.

Yer so right bro...........thanks fer yer 2 cents!:)

Yeah, that trip with the scanner can be a real eye-opener, can't it? If she rips it out of your hands, runs screaming through the store, and scans every-freakin-thing in sight, you might want to reconsider. :D

Professur said:

Awesome. That's a better way of explaining it to people when I tell them how different Rusty and I are but that it just 'fits'. Invariably, their reply is usually "opposites attract" but it's so much more than that. I've never been so different from someone I'm in a relationship with but have gotten along with them so well.

I don't want most of the traditional stuff for our wedding but I think the bridal registry is going to be not only helpful, but essential. We are too different to just leave it up to chance, we have to work together and compromise in our tastes. Besides, our family's tastes are whacked out, we wouldn't want half the stuff they would pick out. :D

Brandi and I were registered at Target. A place like that is a good store to register at, because of the wide variety of stuff they carry.

Back