Brits..

Jeslek

Banned
I don't remember the traffic lights when I visited Britain, but, is it true you have an amber light in sequence before you get the green light? What exactly is that supposed to mean? ?(

The thing is, if you come over a hill and see the amber light, do you slow down only to see a green light appear, or speed up only to see a red light appear?

The sequence goes:

Red ---> Red + Amber ---> Green

and in reverse:

Green ---> Amber ---> Red

so you always know what colour it's gonna turn to :)

the only problem can be seeing an amber and thinking 'can i make that before it goes red', especially seeing as we are starting to get junction-cameras that are supposed to pick up red-light runners

[attachment]http://www.otcentral.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=197620[/attachment]

[edited to add proper attachment code] - Justin

Jeslek said:
The thing is, if you come over a hill and see the amber light, do you slow down only to see a green light appear, or speed up only to see a red light appear?

Well, that's a fundamental mistake, 'cause green means go, red means stop, and amber does NOT mean accelerate.

In some cities, crossing with an amber light is considered an infraction, unless it was totally necessary.

Same here. Unless you can cross the intersection in under 3 seconds, you've gotta stop though. Unless it's icy, in which case you can usually tap the break enough to keep your brake lights on and when a cop stops you for running a red light, argue that you really tried to stop. :D

:beerbang:

Try the Canadian slide. Yank the hand brake and gun the engine. Run straight through with the rear wheels at full lock. (FWD only) Looks to all involved like you tried. You can even photo the skidmarks for your court appearance.

Back