Bye bye Edgerrin!

rrfield

Less than a week after coach Dennis Green declared that his team would not do any shopping in the higher-priced aisles of the free agent market, the Arizona Cardinals landed one of the highest-profile players in the entire pool Sunday, signing former Indianapolis Colts star tailback Edgerrin James.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2365467

Can't say I'm sad for the Colts, they dug their own grave here. Peyton, Marvin and Reggie Wayne have contracts that total over $170 million and they didn't leave enough room to sign the best overall RB in the NFL.

Idiots.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Re: Bye bye Eddgerin!

The Dolts had their window of opportunity. Sadly for them, they had the greatest choke artist alive flapping and squawking about, changing the play calls, and generally living down to his potential.

Now they get to be the Bills for awhile. Hate that for 'em. Such is the ebb and flow of NFL life.

woodman19_99

I love that Edgerrin went elsewhere. Now the Pats won't have to face him every year.

What I am NOT happy about is the fact that the Pats have done diddly ding dong squat so far this offseason. What the hell is going on in Foxboro????

rrfield

woodman19_99 said:
I love that Edgerrin went elsewhere.

You and be both. Now the Colts can go back to being a 10-6 team that only makes the playoffs because their division is so weak...unless the Jags lap them this offseason, which is possible.

Inkara1

After his little blame game, I'm still waiting for Peyton's blindside blockers to "accidentally" miss an assignment, leading to him getting absolutely leveled and injured, forcing the Colts to sign some journeyman QB who would lead them to Super Bowl glory.

woodman19_99

Inkara1 said:
After his little blame game, I'm still waiting for Peyton's blindside blockers to "accidentally" miss an assignment, leading to him getting absolutely leveled and injured, forcing the Colts to sign some journeyman QB who would lead them to Super Bowl glory.

I think I would probably wet myself laughing if something like that happened. If they won the Super Bowl with someone else at the helm...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort

If they win one, I guarantee someone else will be quarterbacking them. Maybe Tee Martin is available.

unclehobart

Man... the Redskins and Vikings have been on a free agent signing 'splosion. Joe Gibbs may get another run at glory yet... regardless of the cost.

tonksy

woodman19_99 said:
Indy just lost David Thornton too, to the Titans... he's a pretty good pickup for them... damn fast for a LB.
Good! They need the help......maybe I'll finally be able to unload that Titan's coat this year! :headbang: