cable company is a buncha idiots

Dave

i kept the digital phone package i had when we moved. called the cable company (Comcast) and asked them to transfer the service to the new address.
they told me what the new phone number was going to be. they came in and set up the cable, phone and internet monday. i made an out going call that night. i tried to call the house today and got a "not in service" message. we called comcast and they said they would put it in as a service call.
when i got home tonight, i tried calling my cell from the house phone and it went through. when i looked at the caller ID on the cell, i discovered why i couldnt call the house earlier.
they gave me the wrong number. wasnt even the right area code. i even questioned them about the area code and they insisted that was the right code for the town.

buncha idjits

Spot said:
i kept the digital phone package i had when we moved. called the cable company (Comcast) and asked them to transfer the service to the new address.
they told me what the new phone number was going to be. they came in and set up the cable, phone and internet monday. i made an out going call that night. i tried to call the house today and got a "not in service" message. we called comcast and they said they would put it in as a service call.
when i got home tonight, i tried calling my cell from the house phone and it went through. when i looked at the caller ID on the cell, i discovered why i couldnt call the house earlier.
they gave me the wrong number. wasnt even the right area code. i even questioned them about the area code and they insisted that was the right code for the town.

buncha idjits
lol!

I've heard of a lot of effups, but that one takes the cake. :cake:

Digital Phone Package? Does that equal VOIP? If so (hell, even if not), why would they need to change the number at all? A server sends incoming calls to your IP. They should just be able to change your IP in their system and voila, calls go to the new place instead of the old. Get Vonage dude. 25 bucks a month and free long distance to the US and Canada. And your number's portable anywhere in the US. Anywhere you plug in your router to a broadband connection is where your phone will ring.

Back