Can anyone identify the 2 cute...

Aunty Em

... little fellas on the right.

I know the one on the left is a Haworthia Reinwardtii but can't find anything on the other 2.

By the way, they *are* adorable. I recently brought home a Jade plant that I've always wanted and have two Kalanchoes and one Christmas Cactus. I'm beginning to become a cactus collector. If only I had more windowsill space!

The tallest is about 3 inches high. I have a one of those bottle gardens which I'm not using and decided to try to create a cactus garden in it.

I'm found out the best compost to use... 2 parts john innes #2 plus one part horticultural grit. Maybe they won't die on me! I've been very unlucky with plants since I moved into this appartment... I don't have any windowsills in my living room and the light was obstructed by the tree outside, but since they've removed it I want to see if anything will grow now.

greenfreak said:
I'm beginning to become a cactus collector.

We have a cactus in Hawai'i, greenie, Hawaiians call it a panini (Opuntia megacantha), though its originally from Mexico. Some people make a liquor out of it :cocktail:

opuntia2.jpg

The one on the far right looks like a baby barrel cactus, ( a small saguaro) & the other reminds me of a early stage "jumping cactus".

I love these gardenweb people, they're so quick:

Follow-Up Postings:
bull2.gif
RE: ID for two cute little cactus, please?

Mammilaria (you did probably know that already, but I can´t tell you the species).
bull2.gif
RE: ID for two cute little cactus, please?

the middle one is M. elongata, which has several different varieties. The other one looks a lot like every other Mamm to me.

Actually, I'm having second thoughts about putting them in the terrarium cos of the drainage.

Back