Can anyone tell me...

Aunty Em

My ex has a wireless keyboard and ball mouse. He would like to get an optical mouse to use with the keyboard. Would he be able to use any wireless optical mouse or are all the frequencies different?

Aunty Em said:
My ex has a wireless keyboard and ball mouse. He would like to get an optical mouse to use with the keyboard. Would he be able to use any wireless optical mouse or are all the frequencies different?

I've been able to use different logitech ball and optical mice, and trackballs with one dual keyboard/mouse receiver. I don't think that different brands would use the same frequency and signal. Most likely your ex will have to plug the new mouse's receiver into another USB port and have that plus the keyboards one taking up USB ports.. :(

My mouse and keyboard are both wireless and they're both Logitech, but they have separate receivers. The mouse is plugged into the USB port and the keyboard's USB plug is plugged into a PS/2 port adapter (I don't like the keyboard being on the USB port in case I have to boot into safe mode).

I forgot to mention that I got the mouse and keyboard at separate times. Logitech sells matched wireless keyboard and mouse sets that need only one receiver.

Back